1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move from vbulletin 4

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by vplusasia, Mar 2, 2013.

1. vplusasia

vplusasia Member

Hello,
    I am thinking of moving from vbulletin 4 (with cms, blog..) and I have read the following thead about the importer script

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-importer-to-xenforo-1-1.23674/page-3#post-321427

Here is my questions:
    -Can We imports all vbulletin forum threads, cms artiles to Xemforo?

-How about the blog articles?

-I am having problems with vbulletin 4 search function(It does not work well when we search utf-8). How about the search function of Xenforo?

-Is it better to use advanced search function of xenforo? In order to use it, what is the requiment for server?

Thanks

2. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

You can import all VB threads and this is consistently reported to be straightforward.

CMS you'd need xenporta so have a look at it.
    There is a new addon for handling articles on the way CMF whch is looking good. However it has no ETA as yet. Might be here in a few weeks.

There;s at least one major blog addon, I think more than one. Check the Resource Manager (see Resources on top navbar) I have seen newcomers talking about importing to the blog addons so it seems it can be done.
    (The new CMF articles addon will also generate blogs - it simply structures content the way you want it to be in a specific section - node)

XF search is very good I find though I prefer to disable the default Search this forum only - which aborts many a search for the unwary user. who does not realise that "no results" is about the forum not the board. That's a simple edit on the template though.
    XF Advanceed Search is designed for bigger boards. More info on it here
    http://xenforo.com/community/forums/enhanced-search-support.56/

3. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

There are some paid blog addons that offer import support for vblogs. When I converted from vB 3.X, there weren't and so I converted my blogs to threads. If I could do it over, I'd study the XF Blog addons and decide which one I wanted and then go that route for the import. There isn't a CMS addon yet that i know of.

4. vplusasia

vplusasia Member

Thank you for your replies.
    I realy do not need a cms(front page) if I move to Xenforo. However, I don't want to loose all of my articles in my vb cms.
    Regarding to the blog scripts, if you know somes good one can you show me some?

By the ways, I have access the resoures and got "Download Not Available"

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/french-translation-for-quoteme.1138/
    What does it mean? The download file is down? Or I do not have permission to dowload it?

5. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

6. vplusasia

vplusasia Member

@Melbo,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have not bought Xenforo yet.
    I will search and consider about its blog, CMS and decide to buy or not.

7. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

You cannot download until you own an XF script bought from XF.
    You need to go into your customer account - linked off the homepage - and link your forum account to it.
    Then you can download.

8. vplusasia

vplusasia Member

Ok thanks for your reply. I got it now :D

I have one more question:
    Does the search engine search Japanese, Chinese or Vietnamese (utf-8).
    I did a test on demo forum but it seems that the search engine does not work with Japanese.

9. vplusasia

vplusasia Member

Finally, I have bougt Xenforo and now playing with it on my test server.
    I hope that Its search engine can work well with Japanese.