1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Move from 'root' to 'subdomain'

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by VanHuek, Mar 26, 2013.

1. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

Hello,

I've set up my XenForo board onto xxx.com/forums but when I log in it redirects me to xxx.com, which is my wordpress site, and it is impossible to sign in. How do I move the forum to a subdomain for example dev.xxx.com as I created a subdomain with the same pass /public_html/forums and I changed the board URL to dev.xxx.com but nothing seems to happen. Any idea why?

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Did you move the forum folder to the subdomain as well?

3. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

Yes but it just reamined as xx.com/dev and didn't use the subdomain.

4. borbole

Can you post the link to your forum?

5. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

Well I haven't installed it as the Staff told me to delete it and reinstall! (Staff of siteground) http://www.viridimilitis.com/dev/install/index.php?install/ but that is the install folder but apparently siteground have now added a record and I have to wait 24 hours and then it should work. Whether that is true or not...

6. borbole

If you are going to re-install it, then do it directly at the subdomain. i.e. the place where you want to have the forum accessible.

7. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

Turns out it was DNS and they hadn't realised I have changed my nameservers and am using cloudflare. Now to work out how to use XenForo and find some good plugins :)

8. borbole

Xenforo is very easy to learn how to use it. Documentations is very good too.

http://xenforo.com/help/manual/

Also the forums are a gold mine of info. If you would need help with something just ask here in the forums. The staff is very helpful. A lot of other community members too.

Welcome to xenforo and enjoy it :)

VanHuek likes this.