XF 1.1 Move from 'root' to 'subdomain'

VanHuek

Hello,

I've set up my XenForo board onto xxx.com/forums but when I log in it redirects me to xxx.com, which is my wordpress site, and it is impossible to sign in. How do I move the forum to a subdomain for example dev.xxx.com as I created a subdomain with the same pass /public_html/forums and I changed the board URL to dev.xxx.com but nothing seems to happen. Any idea why?

Hello,

I've set up my XenForo board onto xxx.com/forums but when I log in it redirects me to xxx.com, which is my wordpress site, and it is impossible to sign in. How do I move the forum to a subdomain for example dev.xxx.com as I created a subdomain with the same pass /public_html/forums and I changed the board URL to dev.xxx.com but nothing seems to happen. Any idea why?

Did you move the forum folder to the subdomain as well?

Well I haven't installed it as the Staff told me to delete it and reinstall! (Staff of siteground) http://www.viridimilitis.com/dev/install/index.php?install/ but that is the install folder but apparently siteground have now added a record and I have to wait 24 hours and then it should work. Whether that is true or not...

If you are going to re-install it, then do it directly at the subdomain. i.e. the place where you want to have the forum accessible.

If you are going to re-install it, then do it directly at the subdomain. i.e. the place where you want to have the forum accessible.

Turns out it was DNS and they hadn't realised I have changed my nameservers and am using cloudflare. Now to work out how to use XenForo and find some good plugins :)

Turns out it was DNS and they hadn't realised I have changed my nameservers and am using cloudflare. Now to work out how to use XenForo and find some good plugins :)

Xenforo is very easy to learn how to use it. Documentations is very good too.

http://xenforo.com/help/manual/

Also the forums are a gold mine of info. If you would need help with something just ask here in the forums. The staff is very helpful. A lot of other community members too.

Welcome to xenforo and enjoy it :)

Top Bottom