Add-on Move existing thread into the Resource Manager (Paid)

0ptima

Im looking for a developer to create an addon that will transfer the first post (which may have attachments) of an existing forum thread to the XenForo Resource Manager (RM). This addon will function as follows:

Thread transfers will only work in RM categories that do not have a file.
upload_2014-3-23_18-35-5.webp

Thread transfers will only work in nodes that have an assigned RM category.
upload_2014-3-23_18-35-30.webp

A new user group permission will enable this functionality.
upload_2014-3-23_18-35-58.webp

If the above conditions are met, then when you are in a thread and select “Thread Tools”, the option to convert the tread to a resource will appear.

upload_2014-3-23_18-36-18.webp

Once the option to convert a thread to resource is selected, the new resource will be created with all the information from the first post of the thread as follows:
Resource Title: Thread Title
Tag Line: Blank
Description: First post of thread
Additional Information URL: Blank

In addition, the original poster, creation date, the first post number of views, likes, attachment count, etc would be transferred from the first post to the resource entry.

The transferred thread would be updated so the discussion_type field in the xf_thread table would be updated to “resource”
upload_2014-3-23_18-37-8.webp

The first post would be updated with a link to the resource.
upload_2014-3-23_18-37-32.webp
If some sort of error is encountered during the conversion, the first post of the thread must not be affected.

Upon successful creation of the resource, the user will be taken to the newly created resource.

The resource must be created as if it was manually created by a user and must update any additional tables not mentioned above.

Please message me if you are interested in developing this addon or would like to help fund it. This addon will be released to the XF community if it gets created. Thank you.

Thanks for the link via message Optima.

I'm very interested in this and willing to contribute towards. I would have a couple other additional requests. One would be for a way to process a batch of threads at a time (Perhaps with a multi-select moderation type tool).

It would be nice if the subsequent posts in the converted thread were imported as comments, to the new resource...but I may be able to live without that if a link is included to the original thread somewhere. As I've documented elsewhere in another thread (http://xenforo.com/community/posts/740908/), I'm having a difficult time figuring out what to do with some of the imported VB4 CMS content I have. This looks like this could be a pretty viable mechanism to work with that content, and that is my primary interest in it.

I like the idea. I'm not sure if I'd be able to make use of it but I would echo BillyGoat4130's suggestions as well.

Ive updated the specs with changes in RED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im looking for a developer to create an addon that will transfer the first post (which may have attachments) of an existing forum thread to the XenForo Resource Manager (RM). This addon will function as follows:

Thread transfers will only work in RM categories that do not have a file.
View attachment 70206

Thread transfers will only work in nodes that have an assigned RM category.
Thread transfers will only work in nodes that have an assigned RM category. A node may be assigned to multiple RM categories of type “Does not have a file”.
View attachment 70207

A new user group permission will enable this functionality.
View attachment 70208

If the above conditions are met, then when you are in a thread and select “Thread Tools”, the option to convert the tread to a resource will appear.

View attachment 70209

Once the “Convert to Resource” link is clicked, on overlay will be shown where you can confirm or cancel the thread to resource conversion.
upload_2014-3-26_20-35-23.webp

If the node is assigned to more than one RM category, a dropdown will be shown with a list of RM categories of type “Does not have a file” that the node is assigned to. You will be able to choose only one category.
upload_2014-3-26_20-33-33.webp

Once the option to convert a thread to resource is selected, the new resource will be created with all the information from the first post of the thread as follows:
Once the “OK” button in the overlay is clicked, the new resource will be created with all the information from the first post of the thread as follows:

Resource Title: Thread Title
Tag Line: Blank
Description: First post of thread
Additional Information URL: Blank

In addition, the original poster, creation date, the first post number of views, likes, attachment count, etc would be transferred from the first post to the resource entry.

The transferred thread would be updated so the discussion_type field in the xf_thread table would be updated to “resource”
View attachment 70211

The first post would be updated with a link to the resource.
View attachment 70212
If some sort of error is encountered during the conversion, the first post of the thread must not be affected.
If some sort of error is encountered during the conversion, all changes must be rolled back.

Upon successful creation of the resource, the user will be taken to the newly created resource .

The resource must be created as if it was manually created by a user and must update any additional tables not mentioned above and all counters (eg resource counter).

Please message me if you are interested in developing this addon or would like to help fund it. This addon will be released to the XF community if it gets created. Thank you.

A batch thread convert option will be added.

Still looking for people willing to contribute towards this add-on.

Top Bottom