Lack of interest Move config.php out of library directory

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
R

ragtek

I've deleted the Zend directory from the xenforo directory because i don't want to have 10 Zend Directories on my filesystem, because it's unnecessery.

So i created a symlink from xenforo/library/Zend to /sources/XFZF

It's working nice:)
I think i could also make this with the other directories, but it would be much more compfortable to need only 1 link for this (to the library directory)
ATM this is not possible, because the config.php is unique for every installation.

This would be a big improvement
ATM i'm having 3 xenforo installations (2 testboards) and i'm saving 60MB only because of the Zend Directory.
It would be much more, if we could link the whole library directory;)

(I hope you know what i mean)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Strictly speaking you could already do this with relatively simple edits, as the first argument to XenForo_Application::initialize() is the config directory. You'd only need to edit a few files from the root directory to point them to the alternative config directory.

Move config.php to the root folder, and then edit index.php, admin.php, css.php, cron.php etc:
PHP:
XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir);
Becomes
PHP:
XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir, $fileDir);

You could also use .htaccess to redirect requests for config.php to the various versions.

Edited to correct... Hmm, that's not going to work for php includes, now is it.
frown.png

Top Bottom