XF 1.2 More users

billybatz9

Is there a way to make fake users? Just fake accounts so I can message as them to other people? But I don't want to have to put a new email for every fake user I make either. Any way to do this?

I believe there's an add-on for this in the Resource manager.

Personally I would never use one as I don't think it's very honest to my users.

Last edited:
I believe there's an add-on for this in the Resource manager.

Personally I would never use one as I don't think it's very honest to my users.
I don't disagree with you, but I feel that admins have no choice but to do it in the beginning. Most forums are a struggle to kick start. If you built your forum by not faking users online, than much kudos to you and congrats! I just feel like it's impossible to get users to join when they never see any users online. Plus, users dont want to stay online once they do sign up because they see noone is online. I just feel like it will help a little kick start the community. Once members are signing up and staying online, I will start to reduce the online members to a point where I wont have to fake it anymore.

I don't disagree with you, but I feel that admins have no choice but to do it in the beginning. Most forums are a struggle to kick start. If you built your forum by not faking users online, than much kudos to you and congrats! I just feel like it's impossible to get users to join when they never see any users online. Plus, users dont want to stay online once they do sign up because they see noone is online. I just feel like it will help a little kick start the community. Once members are signing up and staying online, I will start to reduce the online members to a point where I wont have to fake it anymore.
No one sees anyone online on my site if they are a guest.

Users will come if there's content. Focus on that rather than faking users. I for one wouldn't stick around if I found that a site I'd joined had fake users I'd been talking to who were all just the admin, I simply wouldn't trust him/her after that.

While I agree with Martok, if you create a user through the Admin CP you don't need to enter an email address. I use this to create test accounts. I do think it dishonest and deceptive to create fake user interactions in place of building content and attracting genuine users, but I suppose it's not my site.

While I agree with Martok, if you create a user through the Admin CP you don't need to enter an email address. I use this to create test accounts. I do think it dishonest and deceptive to create fake user interactions in place of building content and attracting genuine users, but I suppose it's not my site.
Is this already in the xenforo core? or it's an addon?

No one sees anyone online on my site if they are a guest.

Users will come if there's content. Focus on that rather than faking users. I for one wouldn't stick around if I found that a site I'd joined had fake users I'd been talking to who were all just the admin, I simply wouldn't trust him/her after that.
How did you block from people seeing online members?

Top Bottom