Lack of interest More on Managing Moderation Queue

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Steve Freides

In another thread, I asked about adding a time delay before email notifications go out because I want to see content in context.

I have yet another, related issue in managing my forum which would require changes to the way the moderation queue works - I will explain.

Today, I received a post from a new user that I didn't wish to post but neither did I wish to simply delete it. My solution was to view it in context (using the ability to click on the time in moderation queue), move it to a test area of my forum, refresh my moderation queue, then allow the post. I also PM'ed the user to explain my decision, and added a reply to the original post in my test area for other moderators and administrators to see.

Much of what I did is available as functionality _if_ the post is allowed and then reported - notes can be made, the issue can be marked resolved or not, etc. But I need that for posts before they are made public.

In the case of today's moderated post, it was made in good faith and I wanted to handle it exactly as I did, with no adverse consequences to the user but, at the same time, _without_ it ever being visible to anyone on my forum. I don't see another way to handle this other than what I did - kudos to XF that I had a way to manage it at all, but better if there is a way to manage it that doesn't involve jumping through the hoops I did. Effectively, what I'm asking for is to, while looking at a post in the moderation queue, moved it to being both reported and non-permanently deleted without it ever becoming public.

Thanks for listening.

-S-

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom