Not a bug More missing indicators from Article forum view

Mr Lucky

Affected version
2.2 beta 5
I apologise for not realising this is all connected when I reported the lack of sticky indicator on Preview in the Article forum view.

There is also no indicator in Preview list (that I have found) for:

• Threads you participated in (small avatar superimposed on larger author avatar)
  • Threads you watch (bell icon)

It also seems that titles remain bold even when they do not contain unread messages. For me this is probably the biggest issue as its the bold/unbold titiles are the first thing I look for, ie "is there anything new here?, or "what haven't I read?"

Just notice, there is a change of color for the speech bubble icon for unread messages. This is OK for people with good eyesite, and once they know what it means (I missed it) but why not just have the consistency if bold/unbold titiles that everyone is used to and understands? There are many changes for the better with this update, but a lot of users don't like change. I believe wherever possible to mitigate this - we should be consistent wherever practical and it is certainly practical here I think to give people the system that applies on other forums and that they are used to.

Last edited:
Just noticed also that expanded view has a big orange button saying New Replies - so it's more noticeable, and yet still inconsistent.

Also the previously fixed sticky indicator for preview (thank you!) is sadly not there for exapnaded.

I'm going to call this partially fixed as we have made some tweaks here. For example, we display the watch icon now (and the sticky icon in the expanded view) and we have made some adjustments to how the new indicator appears on the preview layout. However, generally speaking, we aren't trying to map everything from a standard thread view over to these alternative article views, so not all iconography or other data/indicators may be displayed.

Top Bottom