More members use avatar with Xenforo

Andy.N

Have you noticed?
In most forums I see, new members don't bother put up an avatar and just use the default for years.

The way Xenforo is set up here, it seems to me the majority of people have their own avatar which is a good thing since it will encourage people to use their real name, real pic.

Bravo.

That's true.
I'm one of those people who don't bother to put an avatar. But here it was kinda weird to be without one. I first put one of mine which was not good enough, then changed it this one. :D

I think part of that is because a good chunk are probably signing up via Facebook or syncing with Gravatar., so a picture is automatically being snagged from there.

There's still a few members who don't use an avatar, and a bunch more who've signed up and posted a few times or none at all. I think you'll see a lot of similar faces if you spend a small amount of time here.

I used to recognize people from vb.org and TAZ and other VB-related sites but I haven't actively moded my site so a few people here I know seeing them over at vb.org but couldn't recall they are a Mod/designer/coder/etc.

But I look forward to seeing XF designers and coders ;)

On rare occasions I'll use an old avatar. Like those monkey themed avatars I designed. Not sure whether you seen them? But I have thousands upon thousands of custom avatars I made. Signatures on the otherhand I don't waste my time with.

Have you noticed?
In most forums I see, new members don't bother put up an avatar and just use the default for years.

The way Xenforo is set up here, it seems to me the majority of people have their own avatar which is a good thing since it will encourage people to use their real name, real pic.

Bravo.

I recognized it as well and wondered when I should put my real face up... :eek:

I think it's because the default avatar is ugly. (Sorry Kier)

Ugly? I mean, you can not argue about taste... but I believe it's more then fine how they look. In fact, I understood (but this is not the design, okay) that you get an Avatar assigned based on your sex? I mean, how thoughtful is that? I am in love with XenForo. :cool:

Top Bottom