More members use avatar with Xenforo

I had thought it was just me.... I was thinking "hm. what's with everyone using their faces!?" And then I saw another thread where it talked about using gravatars.... I'm like "hm!" I also realized that if they're on gravatar, then, that means they were a blogger at one time, or still is/are.

I've changed mine about 20 times. My avatars generally last a week and then it's time for a change. :)

Blimey, i'd hate to think how many pairs of shoes you have got.
biggrin.png

I'm not very photogenic i'm afraid........ I would have made the perfect Chilian miner.

Are you guys sure people use avatars on Xenforo or is this just a delusion ?

Maybe the thread should be renamed 'people use better looking avatars than themselves more on Xenforo' ?

strange, but people at my Forum rarely use any avatar.
what to do in order to motivate them to use an avatar ?

BTW: how to disable Gravatar.com ? Gravatar is WP crap.....

The great thing I noticed while changing my avatar around about 5 times this morning is the fact that XF is automatically resizing very large photos without any error messages whatsoever.

Now that is progress for the user indeed and users are the most important factor in any forum growth possibilities.

I don't know that it's anything exclusive to XenForo, though XF does seem to do a great job in most regards of making it easy for people to participate. I'm more inclined to think it's the fact that XF comes with a default avatar, which bugs people just enough to make them want to change it (vs. no avatar at all). Either way it's a good thing.

Top Bottom