Lack of interest More featured resources for fixed width

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

HenrikHansen

Flexible width show more featured resources than fixed width. I would very much like an option to show featured resources in rows, so fixed width styles can show more than two in total. Fx by a style setting for "max px to show featured resources in height".

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You need to change the height - see the CSS in the screenshot.
Ah yes, I had typed that in, but was "playing with it". The problem is, the height is fixed, no matter how many resources are featured. If height is fixed, white space is shown in categories with a small number of features.

So the question is, can we have a max height, that might be used if number of resources is high, and lower if number of featured is small?

For now, I think height:240px is good compromise for my needs, and nearly optimal solution. Thanks for this.

You could try setting the height to auto but it may require further changes to the CSS and/or templates.
You can try min-height and max-height but I haven't looked at it in any detail.

A somewhat related question - how are the Featured Resources that get displayed chosen/ordered? Are they randomly rotated into that spot? Can that top widget be duplicated using the Widget Framework to show up in other parts of the forum?

It's random.
It would require custom development to get them to display on other pages.

You will need to ask in the add-on thread to see what the possibilities are with that.

Top Bottom