Mood Icons v2 [Deleted]

Any chance we can get 1 big PNG with all the moods on there? I was thinking about modifying the XenMoods mod to use a sprite. Thanks for all your work.

Any chance we can get 1 big PNG with all the moods on there? I was thinking about modifying the XenMoods mod to use a sprite. Thanks for all your work.

It's something I will be doing in an update. Technically, the moods are already on a spritesheet from the source file end of things I've just simply sliced them so they're individual images. Wouldn't take much to get them on a spritesheet.

It's something I will be doing in an update. Technically, the moods are already on a spritesheet from the source file end of things I've just simply sliced them so there individual images. Would take much to get them in the spritesheet.

Thanks for the update Shelley. This will be great for the mood plugin and page loads! :)

Thanks for the update Shelley. This will be great for the mood plugin and page loads! :)

I'll also be releasing the moods in png-8 (optimised) for the individual images if it's of any interest as most of the moods don't exceed 256 colours so I can shave off alot of kb on them. Unfortunately, this can't be done on a mega spritesheet without the quality of the moods seriously being compromised.

I'll release both at the same time shortly after I make the next mood icon update which should be this week.

So, that means that we won't have to upload all of those separate images, right?

Nope, your going to be blessed with something far worse having to insert all the coordinates. :LOL:

Just so you know the mood add-on does not support spritesheets in the sense that it's not an option added by the author to pull images off a spritesheet. I'm posting this mainly because it's requested and secondly if and when spritesheet support is added as an option to the xenmood add-on.

I'm almost done building the spritesheet (what a tedious task that is) I should be finshed with it shortly and I'll make an update tonight with the spritesheet included in the archive.

Shelley updated Mood Icons v2 with a new update entry:

This update includes the mood icon spritesheet

Spritesheet included in this update.

I7fl0.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nope, your going to be blessed with something far worse having to insert all the coordinates. :LOL:

Just so you know the mood add-on does not support spritesheets in the sense that it's not an option added by the author to pull images off a spritesheet. I'm posting this mainly because it's requested and secondly if and when spritesheet support is added as an option to the xenmood add-on.

I'm almost done building the spritesheet (what a tedious task that is) I should be finshed with it shortly and I'll make an update tonight with the spritesheet included in the archive.

Quick question, does each mood have the same height and width? If so, can you let me know what that is. Would help with the coordinates placement. :) Thanks again!

I'll start from the beginning, I lost track from the updates Shelley is making. Woman, you are on fire :D

Thank you Shelley for all the hard work and dedication in which you so generously provide :)

That little SQL file you have for importing all this needs to be updated. If you're not sure how to do so, I could in my free time.

Although it would be nice for it to be able to merge / add, rather than replace

Thank you Shelley for all the hard work and dedication in which you so generously provide :)

That little SQL file you have for importing all this needs to be updated. If you're not sure how to do so, I could in my free time.

Although it would be nice for it to be able to merge / add, rather than replace

I've already exported my version SQL file ready for the next mood icon update which will reside and be made available in the archive. Thanks for the offer it's appreciated but I know what I'm doing and it's all ready and packaged. I'm just undecided whether to include/design a couple of more icons I want to include in this version update.

Shelley, would you recommend waiting until the new SQL file is ready or using the old one for now?

As far as I'm aware it's safe to use the SQL file vodkaholic posted. That said, I bare no responsibility if there's any adverse affects using it. Last time I checked it was okay but that was over a year ago it's a case of using it at your own risk.

Cheers

Any idea when you'll have an updated version? (I'm doing a completely fresh install of xenmoods as never used it before).

I'm not going to give an exact time because I'm juggling work and designing these at the same time and I'm wanting to design and include a few more moods to make the update worthwhile.

Doing a fresh install won't really affect you whether i release these now or in 3 months time you'll still have to import the xfmood table regardless which takes a second and a matter of upload a few more mood icons which you would have done anyway.

No worries, I just meant vaguely soon or not for months :-)

What I meant by a fresh install was that I wasn't sure of the best way to go about adding your moods. Installing XenMoods has 100 or so by default and this mood pack contains 200 more, right? And those 200 extra have to be added by hand?

Also just to note, I downloaded the zip file in this thread and it seemed to contain another copy of itself inside itself. Is that right?

Top Bottom