Modifications that we use on VB 4.2.2 PL4

• Thread starter Thread starter Nelson T.
  • Start date Start date
N

Nelson T.

Another fed up VB user here. Our forum, http://www.Hobby-Machinist.com has 11,000 members. I stuck with VB until 4.2.2 PL4, but 5 looks like crap, most of the mods we use on 4.2.2 PL4 won't work on 5, and frankly, I am tired of the snotty, downright nasty attitude of their support people like Paul M.

So, I am contemplating a change. Problem is, we use a lot of mods and enjoy their extra functionality for things VB refuses to add, like a Newsletter, classifieds, store, etc. We use about 20 mods. Can Xenforo accomodate mods, and will you guys seriously consider adding features that people advocate for (VB sure won't).

Thanks.

Nelson

Many of the coders of mods at vbulletin.org have left, abandoning their mods and offering no support. They refuse to mark them "unsupported" so people are alerted. When they ask and I tell them they are unsupported the mod gets angry, deletes my posts then suspends me. I have made suggestions to them for additions for over 2 years and not one has been incorporated. Instead, we have paid almost $1000 in pay modifications and to hire coders to create things for us. I will list some of what we use in the suggestion thread.

Our users are used to having these features:

Admin Log In As User 3.21 This hack will allow admins to log in as any user.

Change Author And Date 3.0.3 Change author and creation date of posts and articles

DamnComp - MemberMap 1.0.4 Allows users to pin their location on a map.

DragonByte Tech: Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) 3.3.0 Advanced Post Thanks / Like lets members quickly voice their opinion on a post.

DragonByte Tech: Classifieds (Pro) 1.1.9 Classifieds Ads by DragonByte Technologies: Let your users sell and buy real items via your own listings system.

DragonByte Tech: Forum Ads (Pro) 2.0.2 Forum Ads by DragonByte Technologies: Sell forum advertisements

DragonByte Tech: vBDonate (Pro) 1.4.8 DragonByte Tech: vBDonate is a professional donation mod for your forum.

DragonByte Tech: vBDownloads (Pro) 2.4.3 vBDownloads by DragonByte Technologies: Provides the ability to host downloads directly on your forum.

DragonByte Tech: vBNavTabs (Pro) (vB 4.2.0+) 1.3.1 Enhances the Navigation Manager adding more control over navigation items.

DragonByte Tech: vBShop (Pro) 3.2.1 vBShop is an advanced Shop system for vBulletin, designed to let your members spend accumulated points on various forum actions.

e360 Intro On Registration 1.0.3 Submits an intro thread when a member registers.

Force Users to Read a Thread 2.10 This hack allows you to specify a thread that you would like users to read. They would not be able to do anything else on the forum before reading it.

Forum Runner 4.2.2 Adds push notification for your users using Forum Runner on the iPhone/iPod/iPad. Also takes care of notifying users that your forum supports Forum Runner if they are viewing from a supported device.

GlowHost - Spam-O-Matic 2.1.2 Ultimate solution to defend against SPAM: Check new registrations from StopForumSpam database, auto moderate posts against custom word-list and Akismet service.

Limited Guest Viewing 2.1.0 Limit guests to view a set number of threads before being locked out.

MGC Chatbox Evo 3.4.0 MGC Chatbox Evo

microCART 2.0.0 Shopping Cart

Moderate User Registrations (ModCP Option) 4.0.3 Gives your Super Moderators a ModCP option to moderate new user registrations if "Moderate New Members" and "Verify Email address in Registration" is set to "Yes" in "vBulletin Options".

News & Announcements 4.0.x News & Announcements

Picture and Album Gallery 1.08 Picture and Album Gallery for vB4

ProvB - Community News Letter 1.6.0Pv4 Send out news letters to your members via email to keep them up-to-date with the latest in your community.

Rotating Banner System 2.4.2 Unlimited advertising at any place in your forums

Separate Sticky and Normal Threads 4.0.1 Separate Sticky and Normal Threads

Spam Hammer 1-Series 1.8.1.5 Uses the time elapsed between the registration page loading and submission to hammer bots.

Spambot Stopper 1.1.1 Stop bots from registering.

Tapatalk 5.2.1 Tapatalk mobile app plugin for vb4.

Usergroup Legend on Forumhome 1.1.0 This product will show the user groups you have available on your site in a legend on the forumhome.

vBGallery by Scandal 2.1 Turn your vBulletin Albums system to an organized Gallery.

vBTubePRO 2.1.1_LE Video, Photo and MP3 Gallery by www.vBTube.com

vBulletin Blog 4.2.2 Personal web log, integrated with vBulletin.

vBulletin CMS 4.2.2 Content Management System

vBulletin-Yellow Pages 1.0.2 Comfortable Yellow Pages with advertising management.

Warning to Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 2.1 Add a Warning to Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

[Namaless] Snow Storm 1.2.4 Snowstorm is a JavaScript-driven snow effect that can be easily added to web pages. It is free for use, and easy to set up. A single JavaScript file provides the functionality required. No images are used for the snow effect.

[OzzModz] Classifieds 2.4.1 General Classifieds

[Ozzy47] Extended Search Links In Navbar 1.0.1 Adds extended search links to a dropdown menu in the navbar.

Admin Log In As User 3.21 This hack will allow admins to log in as any user.
@Jon W's https://xenforo.com/community/resources/login-as-user-by-waindigo.1131/ or @Liam W's https://xenforo.com/community/resources/login-as-user-by-liam-w.2493/ does that.

DamnComp - MemberMap 1.0.4 Allows users to pin their location on a map.
@digitalpoint's User Map add-on : https://xenforo.com/community/resources/digital-point-user-map.86/

MGC Chatbox Evo 3.4.0 MGC Chatbox Evo
@Luke Foreman's TaigaChat Pro : https://xenforo.com/community/resources/taigachat-pro-realtime-chat-shoutbox.1224/ should do the job.

vBGallery by Scandal 2.1 Turn your vBulletin Albums system to an organized Gallery.
XenForo got its own gallery add-on

[OzzModz] Classifieds 2.4.1 General Classifieds
@Mr. Goodie2Shoes is working on it from his thread @ https://xenforo.com/community/threads/working-on-a-classifieds-add-on.89552/

Other than that some might require custom development and few would be just template edits.

e360 Intro On Registration 1.0.3 Submits an intro thread when a member registers.

Moderate User Registrations (ModCP Option) 4.0.3 Gives your Super Moderators a ModCP option to moderate new user registrations if "Moderate New Members" and "Verify Email address in Registration" is set to "Yes" in "vBulletin Options".

The above two are absolute necessities. New members have to post an introduction in their registration which is posted to a forum. Also, moderators need to be able to approve new users to help me out.

Would someone be willing to write these for us if we switch? (For pay if necessary).
I am trying to get our board to allow me to spend the $310 to switch. We are a not for profit (501-c-3) and I need board approval.

Thanks.

Top Bottom