Add-on Modern editor for XF2

Broe

Hi there,

just upgraded to XF2 and before I used the TinyMCE AddOn which provided this very useful modern editor. Sadly this plugin is not maintained and not available for XF2. So do you have a good ressource for me? If not, that would be worth a new add-on :D

Have you tried the built in editor in XF2? It's a version of Froala and incredibly powerful, especially in the XF2.1 update that is currently live on this forum.

Is there a TinyMCE feature that you particularly need?

I like to have more functions in the toolbar like creating tables. But I now found an addon for XF2 which provides a customizable toolbar for the editor - that's quite nice.
Also I liked the "quote" feature of the TinyMCE better, because it was "WYSIWYG" - here in the default editor you have the BB code visible - but this is only a small thing.

What also came in very handy with the TinyMCE: The editor was resizable! This is really missing in Froala here in XF2.0.

Last edited:
Resizeable like having an "active corner" at the bottom right of the editor box where I can resize the editor in height as much as i like. Like here:

Top Bottom