Lack of interest Moderator time limit

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Yunus88

I showed in the picture. There is a message editing time limit setting for users. A similar setting should be for moderators. The operations of the moderators such as editing or deleting messages can be limited in time.

Ekran Görüntüsü (53).webp

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can set it different for the moderators usergroup, and it will assign the higher number for those in that group

The time limit should be for all moderator operations.
so if you set this parameter to one hour and an offensive, racist or insulting message is posted at 4 am a moderator who finds out at 8 am could not do anything ?? this is not reasonable, allowing a moderator to edit posts at any time makes perfect sense. But if you don't trust them enough to want to limit their power, find others ...

so if you set this parameter to one hour and an offensive, racist or insulting message is posted at 4 am a moderator who finds out at 8 am could not do anything ?? this is not reasonable, allowing a moderator to edit posts at any time makes perfect sense. But if you don't trust them enough to want to limit their power, find others ...
I want the moderator to be able to take action for the last 3 months. You cannot intercept messages older than 3 months.

Is this a moderator trust issue? Because I don't see the need for this, moderators will act on reported and current content.

PS. @Mete Turan

Mod setting:
Delete any post YES
Hard-delete any post NO

I don't allow mods to hard delete. There is no need. Soft deleting is like having a trash bin. It's not about trust, it's about having that trash bin you can empty later or restore from.

To them, they just see that they are deleting.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
PS. @Mete Turan

Mod setting:
Delete any post YES
Hard-delete any post NO

I don't allow mods to hard delete. There is no need. Soft deleting is like having a trash bin. It's not about trust, it's about having that trash bin you can empty later or restore from.

To them, they just see that they are deleting.

Hope this helps.
I am doing that already.

Top Bottom