XF 1.2 Moderator Permissions

Deddy

Hi All,

Now I want to configure a moderator to do moderating task on a subset of forum, yet be able to
get alert report for all forums and to give warnings to any users that causes the infractions.

How best to do this?

Here's what I did, but correct me if I am wrong.

Every forum has a corresponding moderator user group. Eg : ForumA has a UserGroup ModFormA created. The usergroup is given moderating rights permission for that particular node (forum).
assigned through Node list >> Permission >> ModFormA .. then select the Moderating rights for this particular forum.

That way I can finely tune the different users to be able to moderate different forum based on their membership to different user groups.

Now how do I it up so that they can receive reports from regular users too ?

Moderators can only see reports for forums they have moderator permissions for.

One option would be to not use the report center and set up a report forum, which would have threads for reports.

Warning permissions can however be assigned globally, separate from the forum moderator permissions.

New Moderators can only see reports for forums they have moderator permissions for.

Who will see the report if member profile msg that's being reported? Since those aren't in specific forums? I suppose supermoderators?

One option would be to not use the report center and set up a report forum, which would have threads for reports.
So all reports generated shall go to this special forum? How do I do this?

Warning permissions can however be assigned globally, separate from the forum moderator permissions.
You mean assigning a user to be a super moderator? thus making them moderator in all forum ?

Top Bottom