Moderator banning

vexx

I'm still new to XF so bare with me. I've got my forum up, some traffic and around 5 moderators. Every moderator is in the usergroup "Moderators" and every one of them is Super Moderator. However, the Ban option appears just for me (the Administrator), Moderators have only the Warn and the Spam Cleaner option. I've looked through the Usergroup Permissions and there's no option to enable banning. Is there such an option or do I need to config something else?

Also, one of my mods accidentally deleted a spammer's thread (he didn't knew to use Spam Cleaner). The thread was soft-deleted (removed from public view) and I told him, use the spam cleaner now to ban the user..he did, but the user wasn't banned. I asked another mod, same outcome.

What am I missing here?

ok, it seems the user was banned after all, it was prolly a cache issue. but i still don't understand why doesn't the ban option appear for the mods or super-mods

Banning is an administrator function, not a moderator function.

Moderators can ban using the Spam Cleaner or warning points and actions.

Read up on warnings and warning actions http://xenforo.com/help/warnings/

• Define the points threshold at which the warning action is triggered.
  • Ban the user for a set time period or permanently.
  • Ban, discourage, or add the user to selected user groups while the points are above the threshold.

Top Bottom