Moderation of threads...

Ryan McAdams

I've got about 390 threads that showed up in the moderation queue today... (out of no where) and I want to approve them all at once... does anyone know of a query to do it manually or a way to do it all at once in the web ui?

Your best option is probably the inline moderation menu inside of each forum:

Screen shot 2010-12-07 at 10.13.28 PM.webp

The Select all is per page of threads. But the selected threads are saved between pages.

You can also use the Moderation Queue at the top of the page, but it doesn't let you 'select all':

Screen shot 2010-12-07 at 10.18.48 PM.webp

I came up with some queries for you. Backup first! :D

Code:
DELETE
FROM xf_moderation_queue
WHERE content_type = 'thread'

Code:
UPDATE xf_thread
SET discussion_state = 'visible'
WHERE discussion_state = 'moderated'

Run these two queries in sequence to approve all currently moderated threads. I tested this and it appears to work. But it doesn't update the Moderation Queue number shown in the screenshot above. I can't figure out how to update that number.

Make sure your usergroup is set to "yes" for 'follow moderation rules', when set to inherit/revoke it might be 'no' which always puts them in mod-queue.

But it doesn't update the Moderation Queue number shown in the screenshot above. I can't figure out how to update that number.
I think you'll have to clear the cache in the Data Registry too.
Code:
DELETE FROM xf_data_registry
WHERE data_key = 'moderationCounts'

There was a bug (fixed within 5 hours of reporting! Thanks Mike :)) which prevented this cache from being rebuilt under certain circumstances: [Fixed] "Moderation Queue" doesn't get rebuilt when key is missing in Data Registry.

Top Bottom