XF 1.2 Moderated thread - able to post

tommydamic68

This is strange - in each post in the thread it says awaiting moderation, the thread is not moderated as seen below, people are posting in the thread, why then is giving the moderating icon?

Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 8.00.26 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 8.00.53 PM.webp

No permissions have changed, she is a moderator @Adam Howard. No @Jeremy it just this forum on my site that is completely moderated, but it usually only moderates the thread, not the posts as it did.
Staff members usually can post inside moderated content, just as they can also approve or disprove content. Of course all this can be changed via the user group settings / moderator settings that you applied upon that user.

No @Jeremy it just this forum on my site that is completely moderated, but it usually only moderates the thread, not the posts as it did.
If this forum is set to moderated in the forum options then all posts would be moderated.

From the forum options

Moderate all messages posted in this forum
If enabled, a moderator will have to manually approve any messages posted in this forum.

You say that normally it just moderates the thread, not the posts? This isn't functionality built into Xenforo and would require an add-on that would moderate just the first post. Are you using any such add-on?

No add on for this. Normally - a member starts a thread in this forum and it's then moderated with the little moderated badge on the thread list page. This time, my moderator started a thread in this moderated forum and the badge was not present on the thread list page as it normally would - each member who posted on her thread went into moderation but they must have been able to view her thread to respond to it in a post.

Moderators with the Approve / unapprove threads / posts permission won't have their threads/posts put into moderation (it'd be pointless as they could just approve them anyway).

Top Bottom