Mod read please.

Faked

So, when I go to pay with my debit card and I know it has enough $$$ inside of it.. You guys are saying my credit card cannot be used for this payment?

It annoys me when people mix up Credit & Debit cards, they're very, very different.
Not really... credit means you can buy stuff even if you don't have enough balance in your account and for debit you can't...
VISA, MasterCard, AMEX are just different services the bank uses to provide the cards...
So yeah, features will be different for a VISA card and a MasterCard... but the basic features are the same for all cards that are VISA... Of course the bank can choose which Tier (silver, gold, platinum) card can have what feature...

Not really... credit means you can buy stuff even if you don't have enough balance in your account and for debit you can't...
VISA, MasterCard, AMEX are just different services the bank uses to provide the cards...
So yeah, features will be different for a VISA card and a MasterCard... but the basic features are the same for all cards that are VISA... Of course the bank can choose which Tier (silver, gold, platinum) card can have what feature...

What the flip is a tier? I'm sorry, but a Visa Debit card is completely different to a Visa (and the banks round here issue Visa Debits practically everywhere with the bank account, fully chipped and pinned).

Here's a major difference: You can have a debit card from 11 years of age, as you're not borrowing money, you have to be 18 to get a credit card.

They can share features though. I have a Debit card that can be processed as credit, and often is, despite there being no associated credit line with it.

That's because they both use the same technology, and use the same system to process (specifically Visa or Mastercard).

It's why I could go to the US and use my debit card without issues.

Top Bottom