XF 1.4 Mobile xenforo

Maarten23

Ok so i'm lost. I tried searching for this on the forums, but perhaps I am just not so good at searching...

My problem:
I have a nice custom style, but definitely not mobile friendly. Now with google enhancing their search results when searching on a mobile device and even making this part of your ranking, I would like my forum to have a mobile version. One that's automatically used when somebody visits the forum from a mobile device.

So basically my question consists of two parts:

1. How do I make an mobile version of my forum and have mobile devices automatically directed to it?
2. Are there any styles voor mobile versions?

Hope you guys can help.

The default XenForo style is mobile friendly already, just test out this site on your phone and you will see responsive design at work.

If your style isn't responsive, talk to to designe, if it's a modern style it rereally should be responsive already, if not then discuss implementing it especially if it was custom designed for you.

Alternatively look in the Resources section, there are many styles (some paid, some free) that are responsive.

I'm using default, but when I run it through Google's checker, it doesn't pass. I use the forum with my phone, but I wouldn't say it's truly mobile friendly, and if it doesn't make it through Google's criteria as such, then it doesn't matter.

I did check this forum on my phone and there's quite a bit of difference between mine and this one. The nav tabs here consolidate into a drop down. Mine do not. Not sure what I've mucked up.

Last edited:
I'm using default, but when I run it through Google's checker, it doesn't pass. I use the forum with my phone, but I wouldn't say it's truly mobile friendly, and if it doesn't make it through Google's criteria as such, then it doesn't matter.

I did check this forum on my phone and there's quite a bit of difference between mine and this one. The nav tabs here consolidate into a drop down. Mine do not. Not sure what I've mucked up.
Have you enabled responsive design in Style Properties?

Top Bottom