Mobile tracking and Flash cookies

Flash cookie wise, you can actually remove them at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html using the setting manager there.
There's also ways to prevent most LSOs from getting onto your PC without too much effort (see this article I wrote about it), and there are plenty of hacks to do it.

If it'd actually respawn despite cleaning both LSOs & normal cookies, deleting browsing history, etc, then that'd be a virus as I imagine it'd have to hook into the OS or browser to do so when all history is removed. Main problem is people don't know LSOs even exist, in my opinion (but don't get me wrong, I'm as anti-LSO-tracking as the next guy :p)

Technical part aside what amazes me is a plethora of big corporate names in the article. The same entities that are so keen to state their adherence to common well-being taunting their corporate governance and accountability. In 2002, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) was passed by Congress. Come 2008 and we have a total meltdown of the financial system. I doubt this cookie issue can be fixed by passing a new law. Cry me a river ....... :mad:

Top Bottom