1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Mobile Theme: How to removed all profile info after 'Share This Page':

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by CritiKiL, Dec 30, 2014.

1. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Check the pics. After a certain point in the profile for the 'mobile template only', I want to remove all info because it does not show properly when viewing from a mobile device. The info should stay 'in tact' for all other theme views, I just want it removed when viewing from a mobile device in which my forum automatically switches to the mobile view template:

IMG_3738.PNG IMG_3739.PNG IMG_3740.PNG IMG_3741.PNG IMG_3742.PNG

Thanks.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

CritiKiL likes this.
  3. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Thanks. I actually found the member_view template and just removed all of what I did not want to show.

4. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

However, when I did that, I'm not happy with how the area 'floats' to the left and right? I want to make it fill the screen so that there are tight borders? Actually, there is a background image that is wider than the area, so how do I force the area to stay at it's own width or remove that background border image? It appears that the ABOUT area is not making the text 'wrap' and could be why the page does not stay fixed. How do I fix this now? Almost home! lol

IMG_3745.PNG IMG_3746.PNG IMG_3747.PNG IMG_3748.PNG

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  5. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Oh, I fixed it - In member_view.css I found where the ABOUT coding is and changed the width from 500px to 100% ;-)

6. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Actually I still do not have it 'fixed' as it still 'slides around'. How can I make it fixed from side to side?

IMG_3749 (2).png

I have everything how I want it, except how it slides around as shown in the image above:

IMG_3750.PNG IMG_3751.PNG IMG_3752.PNG IMG_3753.PNG IMG_3754.PNG

7. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

This won't work because if used, it applies to not only mobile devices but desktop browsers as well. I'm looking for editing just for the mobile-view template to fix this, as my desktop is fine and shows different than the mobile template.

8. Brogan

There is no concept of mobile or desktop in XenForo - there is just the responsive flag.

You will need another solution if you just want to target "mobile" devices.

CritiKiL likes this.
  9. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Since there is a a mobile theme, can't I just edit one of that themes templates to keep the members profile area with a fixed with?

10. Brogan

If that style is only available to mobile devices, yes.

CritiKiL likes this.
  11. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Yes it is not available just to mobile devices BUT I have a particular style just for browser-vewing even though a person can 'choose' the mobile-view, it is being used only to auto-detect when someone views from a mobile device.

12. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

13. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

Well, once again - I've figured it out! In member_view.css template, I found this code and removed it:

HTML:
    .profilePage .mast
    {
        float: left;
        width: @profilePageSidebarWidth;
        padding-right: 10px;
        border-right: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill;
    }