• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Mobile Style like Xenforo.com

jadmperry

I looked over Brogan's excellent post/guide on responsive style properties (and did as he suggested, at least I think I did it correctly). However, when I look at xf.com on my iPhone, I vastly prefer the layout/style of the xf site. So, I am asking, is there a simple way to make my site look like xf.com on a mobile device? Is there a .xml file, or other way to easily make this happen? Am I missing anything?

For reference, my site is www.pebforum.com.

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
XenForo.com uses the default style, you can create a new one if required.

If you have customised your style you will need to update it to match and be fully 1.2 compatible.

Russ

Are you asking how to get it responsive?

Couple things:
  • Go to Style Properties: Page Width Controller, remove your width: 1000px property, leaving that max-width
  • You'll need to upload the new xenforo-ui-sprite.png

jadmperry

Are you asking how to get it responsive?

Couple things:
  • Go to Style Properties: Page Width Controller, remove your width: 1000px property, leaving that max-width
  • You'll need to upload the new xenforo-ui-sprite.png
This is what I have now. Is this right?
max-width: 1000px;
width: 1000px;
margin: auto;

If I have xf 1.2.1 installed, are the sprite.png automatically in place?

Russ

This is what I have now. Is this right?
max-width: 1000px;
width: 1000px;
margin: auto;

If I have xf 1.2.1 installed, are the sprite.png automatically in place?
Well having a responsive style you can't have a fixed width setting, so just remove width: 1000px.

As for the xenforo-ui-sprite if you have a custom style folder, you'll want to upload it(or update it if you have changes to it)

jadmperry

Well having a responsive style you can't have a fixed width setting, so just remove width: 1000px.

As for the xenforo-ui-sprite if you have a custom style folder, you'll want to upload it(or update it if you have changes to it)
Thanks, I removed the width, so it looks closer now to right (still not perfect, but better...I know it is a work in progress, but I am getting there).

jadmperry

@Russ
I think I got the paths right and uploaded the sprite.png files correctly. Thanks!

I have two remaining issues. My adsense ads are all jacked up. I think I saw something about this issue in Paul's/Borgan's/Statham-all-mighty-bot's (;)) guide, so I will go back and check that out.

My last issue is that the header image is all small and not how I would like it....can anyone look at my site (www.pebforum.com) on a mobile device and tell me/give advice on how to make the header image larger or fit to the frame (I don't know if frames/tables, or whatever is the correct terminology....I seem to recall frames from a long time ago, but that was in my bad old vb days).

Thanks a million (likes, not dollars) to anyone who can help me with these issues.