Mobile Access

bgandy

I am in the process of starting a forum for my gaming clan. One of the requests is an app (iphone and android) that will allow forum access. The app would need some form of push notifications so that forums that you are subscribed to would send an alert if there is a new reply. Is this possible with Tapatalk BYO and Xenforo? Or is thee another solution available?

We looked into VBulletin 5, but the mobile suite has poor reviews everywhere, so we are steering clear.

Tapatalk is available. Not everyone's favorite but if you forgoe it then you would need to choose between one of the other solutions for push notifications. Responsive design makes for superior usability versus the mobile solutions vBulletin and IP.B 3.x offer. But depending in what I'm doing I use tapatalk. Prefer it for at least notifications but there are some site activities that require using the site and responsive design makes it possible.

Using the standard tapatalk, would a user receive notification if someone replies to a thread? What other solutions are there? For a simple gaming clan, I am not wanting to pay the monthly fee for Tapatalk BYO.

I do like the responsive design, but I have users that want to know when there is a reply instead of them having to log in to check.

Tapatalk does notify as little or as much as you wish. Should be able to play with that on your current platform. The default in app setting is once per thread per whatever. I turn my setting to every notification. So when someone likes a post I see it on my phone.

Tapatalk does notify as little or as much as you wish. Should be able to play with that on your current platform. The default in app setting is once per thread per whatever. I turn my setting to every notification. So when someone likes a post I see it on my phone.

Thanks. I have not used tapatalk in a couple years so I was unsure.

Top Bottom