Missing posts + wtf-ings

OMGWTFBBQ PROVE IT..

Just kidding, at the end of the day guys if the staff say they didn't do it/don't see deleted posts there, why would they be lying, exactly?
Don't think we're really accusing them of deleting anything anymore. It sounds like there is something wrong. I posted something last night, it's not there anymore. Something isn't right.

This thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/trouble-downloading-rc-2.11868/

And I have to correct myself, it wasn't last night, it was the night before. It was shortly after Peggy's post at 7:02 PM EST.
If you've noticed the server going up and down a bit in the past few hours, that was me scouring the database and Apache logs.

I selected all posts between the post of Peggy's that you mentioned, and your post where you said that posts were missing. This returned 661 posts. All the IDs were sequential apart from three missing, so I searched the Apache log for records of those post IDs and found that none of them belonged to thread 11868.

As there are no soft-deleted posts in that thread, and the only missing posts from the database (indicating hard-deletion) during the time period in question do not belong to that thread, I'm not sure what I can say, but there is simply no evidence of the post you describe ever being submitted. Sorry.

So that's the last hour productively used. Now I'm getting back to work.

If you've noticed the server going up and down a bit in the past few hours, that was me scouring the database and Apache logs.

I selected all posts between the post of Peggy's that you mentioned, and your post where you said that posts were missing. This returned 661 posts. All the IDs were sequential apart from three missing, so I searched the Apache log for records of those post IDs and found that none of them belonged to thread 11868.

As there are no soft-deleted posts in that thread, and the only missing posts from the database (indicating hard-deletion) during the time period in question do not belong to that thread, I'm not sure what I can say, but there is simply no evidence of the post you describe ever being submitted. Sorry.

So that's the last hour productively used. Now I'm getting back to work.
Well then I guess both Peggy and I are crazy then. I saw it posted. She read it. However, I never expected you to go through all that. It wasn't a big deal or an important post. Just something that seemed a bit wrong. In the future I will refrain from reporting anything I notice that seems a bit odd.

In the future I will refrain from reporting anything I notice that seems a bit odd.
I don't think that would be a good idea either as you could end up coming across an actual bug, and then something bad happens later to other people when XF is already labeled as "stable."

Better to be safe than sorry. :)

I don't think that would be a good idea either as you could end up coming across an actual bug, and then something bad happens later to other people when XF is already labeled as "stable."

Better to be safe than sorry. :)
Well, that's why I brought it up in the first place...and I would have let it go under the possibility that I didn't do what I thought I did, but one other person remembered reading that very post. I certainly don't want to waste developer time with my nonsense, but I thought it might be something worth looking into, especially since there were others who noticed their posts missing (which ended up being just some moderator action). Oh well.
rolleyes.png

Well, that's why I brought it up in the first place...and I would have let it go under the possibility that I didn't do what I thought I did, but one other person remembered reading that very post. I certainly don't want to waste developer time with my nonsense, but I thought it might be something worth looking into, especially since there were others who noticed their posts missing (which ended up being just some moderator action). Oh well. :rolleyes:

Well that's the thing. If there's something odd going on, Kier or Mike would have to investigate it anyway to be sure there isn't something wrong with the system. The fact that more than one person noticed it also warranted attention. I wouldn't kick yourself for thinking it was a waste of time. :)

Well that's the thing. If there's something odd going on, Kier or Mike would have to investigate it anyway to be sure there isn't something wrong with the system. The fact that more than one person noticed it also warranted attention. I wouldn't kick yourself for thinking it was a waste of time. :)
lol I wasn't kicking myself...but it sure seemed like someone else was kicking me :p

Oh for the love of god someone lock this meaningless whiney Boohooo "I've got my knickers in a twist" I just want to moan for the hell of it and pretend I'm starring in an episode of magnum pi thread.

edit: wow I forgot how catchy this tune is.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hm, in the game thread I loaded the page after notification, it had 3 posts in a row.
Now I come back and there were 2 other posts in between those 3 .. I wish I took a screenshot !

oh lock your mouth. :eek:

Oh, that wasn't very nice. Not nice at all. The great thing about the human mind is that you think posts have gone awol when infact the half bottle of vodka sitting on your lap could have been the culprit.

Locking my mouth? Sure, why not. :P

Okay hands up Sorry guys I just seen a herd of flying pigs being hurled above my post. Something strange is definitely happening.

Well, that's why I brought it up in the first place...and I would have let it go under the possibility that I didn't do what I thought I did, but one other person remembered reading that very post. I certainly don't want to waste developer time with my nonsense, but I thought it might be something worth looking into, especially since there were others who noticed their posts missing (which ended up being just some moderator action). Oh well. :rolleyes:
The post was definitely there, and definitely gone a few mins later. I may be crazy, but I ain't nuts.

Top Bottom