XF 1.4 Missing IP Address

FirstSword

Hello, my users are suddenly receiving a page saying "Server Error" when they try to reset their passwords. I tested under a dummy account and received the same error. I have the following server error on my log on the admin page:

Zend_Service_ReCaptcha_Exception: Missing ip address - library/Zend/Service/ReCaptcha.php:460

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?

Thank you!

If you look at recent posts, is there an IP logged for them? (An "IP" link.) Similarly, do you see IPs listed on the online members page (the full page)?

On the Members Online Now page I do have IP addresses; I do NOT on recent threads.

I figured out that the captcha feature was the problem. New users also couldn't register. They would fill out their information, the captcha, hit submit and get the Server error. Admin panel would log the same "missing IP address" server error, but reference the Captcha. I disabled that, and now they work, but I don't want to leave the Captcha disabled. Any thoughts?

I'm surprised you're seeing IPs in the online user list since they should all be pulling from the same place. If you go to admin.php?tools/phpinfo and search for "REMOTE_ADDR", does it display your IP there?

Essentially, I'm thinking that PHP isn't being passed the IP of the person connecting, which ReCAPTCHA needs (as do a few other systems) and XF is assumed to have access to. If that PHP info page doesn't show an IP, that is definitely the underlying problem and your host (or whoever configured PHP) should be able to help.

Top Bottom