1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Administrative Log-in area when upgraded to new Beta 4 version

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by WhiteTiger, Oct 29, 2011.

1. WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger Member

Hi,

when I tried to log into the Administrative area of our Forum to email our members of an upcoming chat meeting, I noticed that on the main page when I used to log into was missing-- The ACP panel.

How do we go about finding that in our coding area and I am asking for the breadcrumb path in the ACP (administrative control panel) needed for you to have the rights to do this?

2. Floris

Floris Guest

admin.php

3. WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger Member

Thanks Floris-- will check that out.

4. WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger Member

file://localhost/Users/lalyroth/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-10-28%20at%207.29.36%20PM.png

file://localhost/Users/lalyroth/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-10-28%20at%207.41.26%20PM.png

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about. Need to copy and paste to new browser window to see them.

The first is what I used to see - the second is after we upgraded our software to newest version.

5. Fuhrmann

Fuhrmann Well-Known Member

Hello WhiteTiger. The way you pasted these files we can't see.

It is a link directly from your computer. You have to upload them in some site of image uploads and them copy the link and paste in here.

6. WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger Member

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check for outdated templates, revert them and reapply your custom edits.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

Are you using the xenfans user-bar template mod by any chance?

9. WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger Member

Thanks Brogan....

I don't think so Floris...

10. Floris

Floris Guest

Ok, then Brogan's instructions should help. the template mod i have is for 1.0 but doesn't work in 1.1 without a quick update to page_container.

11. WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger Member

Thanks everyone-- the problem's been fixed... :)

Fuhrmann likes this.
  12. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

Let us know what you did to fix the problem. That way others, in the same boat may also benefit from this issue in the future. Plus those that offered suggestions may just be curious as to what/where the problem was.

13. WhiteTiger

WhiteTiger Member

Dodgeboard-- my boss fixed and played with a few of the permissions that somehow allowed me to once again log into the ACP panel.

14. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

Great. I wondered if it was a permissions issue. Thanks for the update! Glad you're all fixed up.