Minor problems with vB4 import

Carlos

When I imported my vb4 database over to xenforo, I had it in a different filepath, it was not in root yet. When I completed the import of the database, everything seemed perfect until small problem childs have come out to play:

1. Facebook Recommend and Google +1 both are acting up.

2. Most of the public forums are without posting privileges even as administrator.

I would like some directions, please.

1. no idea, sorry.
2. Remember, Administrators are not "super regular members" they need to have permissions set just like everyone else. One example: They are not even Moderators unless you grant them that privilege.

Well, I've run into a problem. I created a new usergroup, I've tried to add it to a user's list of groups, I then tried adding the group as the primary for the user...Nothing changes. The new usergroup has a defined username color, and a custom title..

What files need to be written in order for this to work?

1. Mine did the same thing. Actually for a while (about 8-9 days), the +1 button was just gone. I think it has to do with the forums being located in a different folder. Facebook only took a day or 2 and it worked fine.

2. None of the permissions will transfer from VB4 to XF, so you need to set the permissions for everything, forums and users groups. I think with my conversion, setting permission for the whole site took longer than importing my 600k posts.

Also, once you make a bunch of user group and forum permission changes, you might want to rebuild your caches.

Russ

1. Mine did the same thing. Actually for a while (about 8-9 days), the +1 button was just gone. I think it has to do with the forums being located in a different folder. Facebook only took a day or 2 and it worked fine.
While I was going through my ACP options, I came across my problem: When I switched pathfiles I left the trailing slash in basic board information. I removed the trailing slash and voila - IT WORKED! :)
2. None of the permissions will transfer from VB4 to XF, so you need to set the permissions for everything, forums and users groups. I think with my conversion, setting permission for the whole site took longer than importing my 600k posts.
I can feel your pain. It looks painful from where I sit. I have trouble trying to be careful not to mess anything up with permissions.
Also, once you make a bunch of user group and forum permission changes, you might want to rebuild your caches.
As I thought! :)
See here for where user group styling is applied: http://xenforo.com/help/user-groups/
Thank you, sir! :D

Top Bottom