Implemented Minimum posts before thread creation

Darfuria

I'd be surprised if this wasn't a duplicate, but a search yielded no similar results.

I think to prevent an onslaught of spam posts if any spam accounts do make it through the registration process, it'd be great to be able to globally or per-forum require that a user has a minimum amount of X posts before they can create new threads.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd be surprised if this wasn't a duplicate, but a search yielded no similar results.

I think to prevent an onslaught of spam posts if any spam accounts do make it through the registration process, it'd be great to be able to globally or per-forum require that a user has a minimum amount of X posts before they can create new threads.

I don''t know if this will be included as a built in feature in the upcoming versions but in meanwhile you can try to use my mod here. I coded it after I saw your request. Hope it will come in handy to you.

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...sts-to-create-threads-in-certain-forums.6713/

As noted above, I think this can be done by putting new members into a group which cannot create new threads and then upgrading them when they post X times.

Top Bottom