Resource icon

Mini-me posts in threads 1.0.0

No permission to download
This is my first effort at creating an add-on to give back something to the wonderful work and effort going into xenforo.

It's an add-on that's been useful on the forum I manage and I needed the XF2 replacement to look at migrating to XF2 this year hence "scratching this itch".

I know it's a cliche but I can say "it works for me" however I have a very limited test environment so if anybody decides to try this add-on then any feedback on whether it works or doesn't would be greatly appreciated. Likewise any suggestions for improvements or modification would be great.

Many thanks.

Installed in Xenforo 2.1 test site does not find out that how its working. Please can you post a ScreenShot or preview for this add-on?

Installed in Xenforo 2.1 test site does not find out that how its working. Please can you post a ScreenShot or preview for this add-on?
Hi, sorry about that - I developed the add-on on 2.0 for which I believe it should work. I'm still learning how the add-on packaging system works so I'm not sure how that bit works. I only ticked the box for 2.0 compatibility so I don't know if this will stop it working on 2.1. I will setup a 2.1 development installation and check what is happening and update the add-on page with screenshots and details of what it's installing.

Many thanks for trying it and giving me some feedback - it is appreciated.

Hi - thanks for the feedback. It's meant that I've had to explore the wonderful world of regular expressions in the template modification system. :eek:

However in doing so I think I have made it more flexible and simplified the add-on. The first version used an additional template to add the required modifications but this can all be done in the regular expression now so the additional template is no longer required.

I will update the overview with a bit more of a description and a couple of screenshots - but that's tomorrows job!

Thanks for providing the screenshot, nice work!

Installed flawlessly on my test environment and will be implementing into my live build when 2.1 is stable.

Installed in XF 2.1 but it doesn't work.

The add-on doesn't have options or anything that could explain me the problem so... I don't know what to do.

Hi,
Sorry to hear that you're having a problem. I've updated my system to version 2.1.1 and it still worked for me - not that that helps. The add-on simply adds a tweak to the thread_list_macros template to add a hyperlink to the avatar html.

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 22.01.11.webp

The problem might be if you you have some other add-ons that is modifying the thread_list_macros template. Can you check your template modifications to see if anything else is changing this template? It might be that after the modification that my add-on regexp logic isn't working correctly. I didn't want to mess up any other add-ons so I set the priority to what I thought was a low level.

Can you attach your thread_list _macros template and I'll see if my logic works with what you have.

@apcherry thanks for the reply, here it's the code that you asked me:

<xf:if is="$thread.getUserPostCount()">
<xf:avatar user="$xf.visitor" size="s"
href=""
class="avatar--separated structItem-secondaryIcon"
tabindex="0"
data-xf-init="tooltip"
data-trigger="auto"
title="{{ phrase('you_have_posted_x_messages_in_this_thread', {'count': $thread.getUserPostCount() }) }}" />
</xf:if>

Apparently the add-on doesn't make any changes on the template so avatars didn´t show in the forum thread list.

Can I manually put the code to show them?

Idea for development.. I have this installed, but don't use the "Mini-Me" option. I copied the code, and instead applied it on the Watched thread status icon.

It might be cool to offer this as an option.. 🙂

Top Bottom