minerskinz closed

Sad to see someone who looked promising leave so soon.

And for those wondering, Audentio isn't going anywhere. Sales are awful, but we will still stick around for the clients who have stuck with us.
If my new project will happen you'll be the one how's doing the style ;)

Miner was a really nice guy and produced some awesome work for vB, although I don't think his xF designs went down too well - the Metro idea, for example, was awesome in principle but never truly manifested in the way it could/should have. If it's true and his main coder did up and leave, that's gonna have a lasting effect for any business in this niche.

I'm sure you'll drop by here Miner, so I wish you all the best for the future and hope that your skills don't vanish, never to be seen again.

I hope it does get better for Miner.

If I had more money to spend I was going to purchase that Gamingo theme.
A shame it's not going well for the designers right now :(

I seriously considered buying Metro and before that I had never considered buying a theme before other than that iskin someone made until I realized it wasn't actually a mobile theme.

Why close it down? Even if a few sales trickle in, hosting costs are minimal. He could run it on the side. Or even sell the business and themes to another designer who is staying in the market. I'm sure someone would be willing to buy the business.

Why close it down? Even if a few sales trickle in, hosting costs are minimal. He could run it on the side. Or even sell the business and themes to another designer who is staying in the market. I'm sure someone would be willing to buy the business.

I'm sure he had other developers working for him, he obviously couldn't afford to pay their wages any longer and wasn't able to do the work himself, and apparently his designer left the company. I'm just guessing here though.

All, this was the last email I got from him yesterday. I hope he come back in a month and kicks ass..:)

Miner Skinz said:
Hi,
Past two years the forum themes business both premium and custom works are down and very low sales due to various reasons.

I have been running successfully minerskinz for past 8years and it never so low and i could not run the show and unable to meet even my family and basic expenses.

So i am closing down minerskinz temporarily but i am not leaving my design business i am planning to enter other scripts like e comm and wordpress etc and for this i am seriously learning various new software and in next one month i will be back online.

ecomm and wp are very good and also few other scripts, i am joining a one month course to learn php and Js for this i am moving to nearby city to join the institute.

My partner who codes my design has left me due to poor revenue in current business and i am left helpless when it comes to coding and unable to provide support on back end.

Thanks

First i am sorry for my late reply regarding closing of Minerskinz.com, i am in such depressed mind past few days, as i never had or thought of closing my site in my life as i love forums so much and designing themes is my passion then business.

Many senior members/forum owners knew me well from way back in 2003, i started my designing as hobby and offered free graphic service like creating rank images etc at TAZ, yes taz is the school where i learned all about forums and still you can find my old posts there...

Money is not always a motive for me from 2005 to 2009 i provided about 50+ themes for vB3.x and i was maintaining all my free themes with each updates until 2009, the total number of downloads of my free themes exceeds 30k which i provided at various admin forums, vB.org and at my site, check at vB.org still i have the record of providing highest themes then any forum designer, if i would have charged $10 a pop i would have earned millions.

Bingo theme was my hottest free theme which comes in 9 colors and downloaded more then 8500 times, still my free themes are wildly used by 1000's of vb forums, search 'designed by Minerskinz.com" you will find so many forums using my free themes even today.

I have given to the forum community more then what i earned!

I am graphic designer by trade and my coding skills are negligible, i was able to code theme for vb3 as it uses tables and comfortable with my skills but vB4, Xenforo use very latest standards which is out of my knowledge.

So i had to always depend on another person who is expert in coding themes and he loosed interest due to low revenue with forum themes, as he was saying he could easily earn more then 10x times then what he gets now if he works on other scripts like wp, e comm etc and left me, i am not blaming him as its 100% true he is highly skilled coder plus he knows PHP well and code custom CMS etc.

So closing Minerskinz is the toughest decision i had to make in my life and i did not do this just like that, i never thought i would get so many messages from many well-wishers and also got few offers from other designers to help me continue my service (so looking into options).

My current plan is to learn HTML & CSS by joining a reputed institute and then come back try coding my themes & try resume my forum business, so i can run the show myself and not depend on others anymore...

Once i learn coding and even if i am unable to continue my forum business in future, i will sure come back and provide few free themes for Xenforo, due to my love for forums and lately Xenforo users have given me their warmth which i will never forget.

Good bye for now, Thanks.

First i am sorry for my late reply regarding closing of Minerskinz.com, i am in such depressed mind past few days, as i never had or thought of closing my site in my life as i love forums so much and designing themes is my passion then business.

Many senior members/forum owners knew me well from way back in 2003, i started my designing as hobby and offered free graphic service like creating rank images etc at TAZ, yes taz is the school where i learned all about forums and still you can find my old posts there...

Money is not always a motive for me from 2005 to 2009 i provided about 50+ themes for vB3.x and i was maintaining all my free themes with each updates until 2009, the total number of downloads of my free themes exceeds 30k which i provided at various admin forums, vB.org and at my site, check at vB.org still i have the record of providing highest themes then any forum designer, if i would have charged $10 a pop i would have earned millions.

Bingo theme was my hottest free theme which comes in 9 colors and downloaded more then 8500 times, still my free themes are wildly used by 1000's of vb forums, search 'designed by Minerskinz.com" you will find so many forums using my free themes even today.

I have given to the forum community more then what i earned!

I am graphic designer by trade and my coding skills are negligible, i was able to code theme for vb3 as it uses tables and comfortable with my skills but vB4, Xenforo use very latest standards which is out of my knowledge.

So i had to always depend on another person who is expert in coding themes and he loosed interest due to low revenue with forum themes, as he was saying he could easily earn more then 10x times then what he gets now if he works on other scripts like wp, e comm etc and left me, i am not blaming him as its 100% true he is highly skilled coder plus he knows PHP well and code custom CMS etc.

So closing Minerskinz is the toughest decision i had to make in my life and i did not do this just like that, i never thought i would get so many messages from many well-wishers and also got few offers from other designers to help me continue my service (so looking into options).

My current plan is to learn HTML & CSS by joining a reputed institute and then come back try coding my themes & try resume my forum business, so i can run the show myself and not depend on others anymore...

Once i learn coding and even if i am unable to continue my forum business in future, i will sure come back and provide few free themes for Xenforo in near future, due to my love for forums and lately Xenforo users have given me their warmth which i will never forget.

Good bye for now, Thanks.

That is an unfortunate situation to find yourself in and feel for you Miner. I think you touched upon it and that is learn the basic html CSS (it's really not difficult) and i'm sure in no time you'll understand it with ease. I always follow the philosophy in "Never relying on others" I think you said it nicely and that is a nice mindset you are about to take, it's better in the long run if those situations arise in the future.

Anyway, like i mentioned in the other post (your release thread) hope to see you back and wish you all the best in the future. :)

You won't regret learning to code it all yourself, Miner. I started vBSkinworks out using contract coders and it was always a nightmare (and expensive!), so I did what you are doing and never had to rely on someone else to keep my business going, again. I won't say bye...instead "see you when you get back". :)

Top Bottom