Minecraft Registration/XenForo

TechKingGames

Hello! I currently own a fairly popular Minecraft server, and we were thinking about switching over to XenForo for Forums. I just had a quick question before I buy:
I want to do something a little like this site:
http://oc.tc
when you have to register. You have to go in-game, and type /register <email>
That part is not the issue, as my server has developers.
What I am wondering is...when they do, /register...we will have to submit that data to the Xenforo site...to get them registered. How do I get it so that they are registerred on the site? Like...what data...and where does that data go...do we need, so that XenForo can read it? When someone registers...what info do we have to submit and where? IE: Username, Email, etc

BTW...we plan on having the plugin connect to the XenForo MySql database...and put the info in itself.

Thanks in Advance

If you have developers than they will be able to write an add-on which will do that for you.

They can look at the datawriter and registration function to see how that is done.

Thats more of a bukkit plugin, which I've seen. All you would need to do is remove the registration option from your template and make a note where saying you need to register via in-game.

Yea, I beleive that it can be done as a bukkit plugin. All you need to do is have the bukkit plugin connect to the MySql database of the Forums, and whereever the data is stored for Users, edit that. Its not a XenForo Add-on. I just need to know where they store the Username, email, and password, and if there is anything else I need to know, and inlcude!

From outside of Xenforo you can do it by writing directly on the DB, but that would not be advisable.

Best bet is to write a Xenforo plugin that actually works as an API frontend (been there, done that) that calls the correct Xenforo functions to create a new user and apply the passwords (if you want to).

It is something very easy to do, and really just needs a little bit of coding and just watching how the DB Schema works.

Top Bottom