XF 1.1 Migration Issue

I've migrated my Forum to a bigger server today and the Front page of the forum is up BUT links to The individual Forums, threads search etc return a 404 error

Not Found

The requested URL /Forum/posts/96577/ was not found on this server.

I am sure it's something simple can someone tell me where to start looking???

I had a similar problem with some vBulletin redirection scripts.

I believe you will have a file called Forum.php in your root (probably along with showthread.php etc.).

Delete forum.php and the full friendly URLs will work again.

AllowOverride is enabled and so is mod_rewrite this is clearly shown because wordpress which lives in the root is working correctly, xenforo is installed at /Forum and the htaccess rules are in this folder, we have tried enabling rewrite base or commenting it out but it has no effect, we also tried making sure wordpress bypassed any requests to /Forum or /Forum/* but that didn't fix either.
if we comment the Error404 line out of htaccess it renders the wordpress 404 page which suggests its pushing through the wordpress index.php and not the Xenforo one in /Forum - i have tried various combinations of rewrite rules in /Forum/.htaccess but none will stop the 404'ing when search friendly urls enabled

Just as a short test, try renaming the Wordpress .htaccess to htaccess (removing the full stop will disable it but keep the content intact) #mv .htaccess to htaccess

Does that get the XF rewrites working correctly at "/forum"? (Don't forget to rename it back to .htaccess)

Did you fix it? What was the solution? I got the same problem.

His problem was caused by some custom rewrite rules for amember. This was the fix:

Jake Bunce said:
Fixed. I had to remove the red piece from the amember rules:

Rich (BB code):
## allow access for any active subscription
RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} amember_nr=([a-zA-Z0-9]+)
RewriteCond /server/path/data/new_rewrite/%1 -f 
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [L,S=2]

Top Bottom