XF 1.1 migration and duplicate data

jgas

Hi, tomorrow is the great day, I will migrate my board from vbulletin to xenforo!

I opened my xenforo board to my staff, they helped me to configure everything and they use the board to test different users, to post different threads and so on.

Before the data migration, should I delete all the users (even myself?), all groups, all posts or not?

Many thanks!

I already read it, but thanks!

You wrote:

The backup should be taken before you create any categories, forums, or test users, make any posts or add any content at all.

but my staff already wrote different posts!

So I think that it's better if I delete everything...correct me if I'm wrong ;)

You should import into a new installation of XF. Use your test forum as a point of reference in manually applying any custom development to the final import, as opposed to building onto your test forum and taking it live. There is no easy way to deal with the duplicate content if you import again into the same forum.

With that said, it has been done:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-question-second-import-over-old-one.16663/#post-311819

But it's a dirty thing to do and may cause problems later.

You should import into a new installation of XF. Use your test forum as a point of reference in manually applying any custom development to the final import, as opposed to building onto your test forum and taking it live. There is no easy way to deal with the duplicate content if you import again into the same forum.

With that said, it has been done:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-question-second-import-over-old-one.16663/#post-311819

But it's a dirty thing to do and may cause problems later.

Let me be clear: I didn't import anything.
In my test board there are just 10 users and 50 posts created by my staff.

If I use this query, will I have problems?

In my test board there are just 10 users and 50 posts created by my staff.

In that case you can delete the threads / posts using inline moderation on the front end (click the check boxes next to the threads). And you can delete users in the Admin CP. No queries needed. This is also safe to do since you didn't import anything yet and the threads and users are few such that you can delete them "normally" and not have to use queries.

Backup first. That way you can run the import again if something goes wrong.

Top Bottom