XF 1.5 Migrating VB4 database to Xenforo 1.5.15a Issues

PAPPACLART

Hello

I have a VB4 forum database and I am trying to migrate it over to a fresh install of Xenforo 1.5 (lates). The issue I am having is when I import users, about halfway through I get 404. When I try to resume the import the links to resume with xenforo take me to a 404 again. Normally If I log back in and out I can't resume to import process but end up in this loop with a 404. Any ideas?

Server is on PHP7.1

Edit, when it 404's this is the link which has import doubled up? /community/admin.php?import/import

Thanks

Last edited:
What does the 404 look like?

This is likely indicating that there's something on your server that is ultimately blocking the request, probably with a particular error code that ends up being redirected into XenForo and manifests as a 404. (We try our best to prevent this but some servers don't allow it.)

Your host should be in a position to know whether they have any anti-DoS/security extensions in their web server and disable/whitelist it for you.

Hey Mike thanks. It''s a dedicated server and it does have a firewall addon which I have full access to. I recently had allot of issue with google bots being blocked.

I managed to get the users imported with allot of messing around, back and forth etc. I also managed to process some of the other migration steps but on some of them it promtps me to login again, then when I login I get the below 404s.

What do you suggest? How would I create a whitelist for Xenforo import

1508321304392.webp

1508321273985.webp

Rebuilding caches gives me this as do most other internal links. If I login and login (I I can get back in) I can sort it until I run another Import then it asked for a login, then gives me a 404 and we are back in the loop again! lol

1508321962789.webp

Last edited:
When you say "add-on", if you mean within XF, it's unlikely to be that. The 404 appears to be coming from a page outside of XF, which emphasizes that this isn't XF related.

You may need to look into your web server config and possibly raw web server error logs to see if you can identify what is being triggered.

When I mean "add-on", it's and additional service the customer is paying for - a dedicated hardware firewall.

Edit

A friend suggested install Xenforo on a Sub domain then disable mod security on that domain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom