Migrating Snitz

Lon

Hello,

Besides Impex, are there any new import apps that work to migrate Snitz Forums 2000 V3.4.03 MSSQL to Xenforo?

Thanks

You may be able to do a double import.

Seems you can go from Snitz to SMF:
SMF Downloads

From there, you can import SMF to XenForo.

Doing double imports is not uncommon. It just usually requires extra effort, but it may be something that works for you

Thanks for the quick reply, Chris. I posted questions on vBulletin Pre-Sales forum 2 weeks ago and they're still sitting there unanswered...

I'm reading your info on Mobile/Responsive Design and get a message "You do not have permission to view the full content of this resource" halfway down the page. How do I read more?

Responsive design is built in, so you shouldn't have to do anything special to make your site mobile friendly. You can see how the responsive design works on this site - resizing the browser window will show you how the various elements on the screen behave.

There's no built in way to do this, yet, but I'm pretty sure there are add-ons that do it, plus it should be relatively trivial to do it by editing the navigation template.

I understand about editing nav templates, Add-Ins or mods, etc... however, I was hoping to take advantage of the forum features with additional main menu options. For example: like having Games, Articles, etc on the top menu that folks could Reply To, Watch/Follow, Poll, etc. I saw something about creating Forums or Categories and not having them show in the Display Tree. Perhaps I could utilize this feature and link them in nav or do you think Resources would work for this?

I'm pretty sure there are add-ons in the resource manager for download that do exactly that. There's one called Nodes as Tabs which has been popular over the years, and it's free. There may be others that are more advanced navigation managers that are paid for.

I'm finding it kind of hard to find my post on XF after being away for a while.. not being too familiar with the layout.. seems like it should have a submenu under Forums for "Your Topics" or something similar.

I created a couple demos but they seem to expire before I can get my testing done or before I think of other things to try. Can an Admin or other account have the ability to create topics with Div/Span tags, css, php, Java, and the like? Chris: This would be like for my Articles in Resources where I could create Responsive layout articles with images, etc.

We migrated from vB and there weren't any usability issues although we did have a series of threads 'Tips and Tricks' that members added to when they discovered a new feature. XF is really intuitive to members from my experience.

I created a couple demos but they seem to expire before I can get my testing done or before I think of other things to try. Can an Admin or other account have the ability to create topics with Div/Span tags, css, php, Java, and the like?

What is the return policy if the software doesn't work well for what I need?

Top Bottom