Migrating hosts

SgtSpike

I'm moving my xenforo forum between hosts. I already have the MySQL DB copied over, and am currently queuing all the old xenforo files to download and reupload at the new host.

Curious though, the config is set to read from the old database with the old database name and the old password, etc. How can I change all of that?

Or, maybe a better question is, is there some sort of writeup or guide for transferring xenforo between hosts?

How can I move my installation to a different domain or host?
Backup the existing database and server files. Copy them to the new domain/server and update the library/config.php file with the new database details as required. It may be necessary to set permissions for the data and internal_data directories to world writeable (CHMOD 0777). Lastly, update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information, if it has changed.
Note that if you are moving to a different type of web server and have Friendly URLs enabled, you will need to make the appropriate changes. Refer to the Friendly URLs section of the XenForo Manual for more details.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

Was just about to ask this questions myself. Figured it was just a standard mySQL powered site move but wanted to double check. Thank you Brogan.

I take that back - I have a couple of problems...

I can't install xenporta because it requires me to uninstall the previous version. But when I try to uninstall the previous version, I get this:
Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'minecraftcc.EWRporta_blocks' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 218
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 7
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getAllBlocks() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 184
EWRporta_Install->_uninstall_0() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 179
EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode()
call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/justinbp/public_html/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

Not sure why the table doesn't exist, since I dumped and uploaded the entire database from my old host without any errors. Regardless, how can I get rid of xenporta while this error exists?

The other problem (and perhaps a more dire one) is that the site is auto-refreshing every 15 seconds. It seems to happen on any page that has the sidebar. I am not sure why this would be happening!

EDIT: I've fixed the auto-refresh by disabling the sidebar. But, I need to know what in the sidebar is causing it to autorefresh and how to fix it!

I can only assume the backup/dump was incomplete or the import failed to create that table.

As for the sidebar, you will need to disable all add-ons and remove any manual edits and enable them one at a time to identify the cause of the auto refresh.

Top Bottom