1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrating from vbulletin 5.1

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by slinouille, Nov 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. slinouille

slinouille Member

Hello,

I currently use vBulletin 5.1 for handling my forum but I'm really unsatisfied with it since I migrated from vB4.
    So I'm looking for a new forum and xenForo seems to fit my expectations in terms of specification.

Now I need to evaluate how I could migrate from vB5.1.9 to xenForo, and after some search here around I could not clearly see if it exists an "importer" for this release of vB. I do see some for previous release but not vB5.

Is there any plan for such importer to be created?

Many thanks

SliN

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

We don't have a native importer for VB 5 unfortunately.

You would have to do a double import to one of the supported importers: VB5 -> IPB/SMF/MyBB/etc. -> XF

That assumes there is an importer available for the other scripts to import VB5.

New importers are developed based on need and while there have been a few requests, it isn't something which has been asked that often (relatively speaking).

3. slinouille

slinouille Member

Thanks for your answer.

I will perform some tests using the IPB importer ;-)

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

FYI, that would have to be IPB 3.x at this stage. We don't support importing from IPB 4 at the moment.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

For reference, the current list of importers can be seen here: Pre-Sales FAQ

6. rv65

rv65 Active Member

Also, @Claudio at Todo10 can import your vB5 board as well. He does a pretty good job, and not that expensive.

Claudio likes this.