1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Migrating from vbulletin 5.1

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by slinouille, Nov 1, 2015.

1. slinouille

slinouille New Member

I currently use vBulletin 5.1 for handling my forum but I'm really unsatisfied with it since I migrated from vB4.
    So I'm looking for a new forum and xenForo seems to fit my expectations in terms of specification.

Now I need to evaluate how I could migrate from vB5.1.9 to xenForo, and after some search here around I could not clearly see if it exists an "importer" for this release of vB. I do see some for previous release but not vB5.

Is there any plan for such importer to be created?

Many thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

We don't have a native importer for VB 5 unfortunately.

You would have to do a double import to one of the supported importers: VB5 -> IPB/SMF/MyBB/etc. -> XF

That assumes there is an importer available for the other scripts to import VB5.

New importers are developed based on need and while there have been a few requests, it isn't something which has been asked that often (relatively speaking).
  3. slinouille

slinouille New Member

Thanks for your answer.

I will perform some tests using the IPB importer ;-)
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

FYI, that would have to be IPB 3.x at this stage. We don't support importing from IPB 4 at the moment.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

For reference, the current list of importers can be seen here: Pre-Sales FAQ
  6. rv65

rv65 Active Member

Also, @Claudio at Todo10 can import your vB5 board as well. He does a pretty good job, and not that expensive.
    Claudio likes this.