Migrating from vb 3.7.3

I have a number of vB forums that desperately need updating.
I am looking at my options and have come across this software which looks very promising.
My question prior to purchase is, based on the current vB setup I have listed below, can this be easily imported?
My primary concern is the database being so far out of date and I have had very little success in trying to upgrade. I'm not a MYSQL expert :(
If importing to Xenforo solves my problem, I would be extremely interested in pursuing this as my favourite option.

Many Thanks
Steve

Current set up is:
vb: 3.7.3 Patch level 1
MYSQL: 4.0.18-nt
PHP: 4.4.9
cgifcgi webserver

Yes I know, I did read that but will the importer work on the basis that MYSQL is running 4.0.18 databases.
If I had a copy of Xenforo, I could test the import myself, hence the question before I buy?

Thank you

XF requires a minimum version of 5.0 for MySQL so you would either have to upgrade the server you are using for VB, or use a different server and copy the VB database and attachments/avatar files to it in order to run the importer.

Sorry Brogan, I don't think I'm being very clear about what I want to achieve.
I need to get the MYSQL databases upraged from 4.0.18. I fully intend to setup a new server with the latest MYSQL and PHP on an Apache server and was looking for an easy way to do this and I thought Xenforo might be my answer?
Any suggestions

Sorry Brogan, I don't think I'm being very clear about what I want to achieve.
I need to get the MYSQL databases upraged from 4.0.18. I fully intend to setup a new server with the latest MYSQL and PHP on an Apache server and was looking for an easy way to do this and I thought Xenforo might be my answer?
Any suggestions

Upgrading MySQL and PHP are separate tasks to the XenForo import, however doing them at the same time is a good way to get updated to a modern forum platform. So if you were to commission a new server with up-to-date PHP and MySQL, you could then yes use the XenForo importer to transfer the data.

OK, thats what I am trying to confirm as I have no idea how the importer works not ever having worked with Xenforo. I think I just need to bite the bullet and grab a purchase copy and give it a whirl.
Thanks for your help Guys

Top Bottom