Migrating from proboards

Twoofus

I currently run a forum on proboards, it was set up six months ago and enjoys regular use, however the platform is not great, especially when it comes to including pictures in the posts.
Is it possible to migrate the current proboards content across to xenforo 2 and continue with minimal interference?

There is no importer for proboards in XF1 or XF2, so you would first need to convert to software for which we do have an importer, such as VB, IPB, phpBB, MyBB.

Thanks for the fast reply!
Baring in mind that I am not very technically minded when it comes to these things, is that something that is relatively easy to do, does it need a techy person to carry it out and how much time would it take? or are all those questions impossible to answer without more information?

The XF importers are fairly simple to use.
For a 6 month old forum, I anticipate it would take minutes to import, depending on the amount of content.

I can't speak for exporting from proboards to other software though, as I'm not familiar with their importers.

so, having tried the demo version my next step would be to purchase a license. Am I correct in thinking that I then create the forum layout on my own computer and then upload it onto a suitable server at which time it can become active.
Or does it have to be initially downloaded onto the designated server and I create the forum layout remotely.

Top Bottom