Migrate from Cpanel to WHM Cpanel

Sam F

HI I am going to Migrate from Cpanel to WHM Cpanel

I am hosted on Hostgator,com shared server, I am going to migrate to GoDaddy VPS account using WHM.

I have a main domain with a dozen Addon domains (see screenshot)

1515240366056.webp

when in WHM and I go to Transfer, would I choose
  • Copy Accounts from another Server
  • OR
  • Copy multiple Accounts Packages from another Server

My goal is to bring my main domain, along with all addon domains to the new VPS server.

Also after xenforo is transferred using WHM, and the Name Servers are pointing to Godaddy, are there any other Xenforo setting that would need to be changed?

1515240497192.webp

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I spent several hours back and forth with you via PM explaining how this is done and how it should be done.

I'll repeat again here, all your domains are add-on domains, so a full account import of the existing hosting will bring everything across from the old host exactly as it is.

Yes I've been reading and watching some YouTube videos (exploring my options) on the different ways WHM migrates. however they do not know how Xenforo works, so above I was asking specifically about xenforo.

Thanks

You won't need to do anything with XenForo, as it will import the database, along with the DB usernames and password in, so you don't need to change anything.

You won't need to do anything with XenForo, as it will import the database, along with the DB usernames and password in, so you don't need to change anything.
Thanks you Matt, guess I do to much worrying :-)

Top Bottom