MicroSupport Free [Deleted]

I am evaluating this on a locally installed copy of my site to test it out and decide whether to go for the paid version...it is looking good.

I know this addon from the vb days of when Mary(???) developed it, she then threw a wobbly and removed it, then came back, then got sick etc etc etc. Then Christer1s took it over and then Michael took over (Michael and Christeris could well be the same) and now support for it on VB has basically stopped. With all due respect Michael, I hope you can see how I may be a little dubious about parting out money for the paid version given its history, however I think it is a great addon and brings a level of support to a site that is lacking on many especially given the limited help info to users in the current XF Help section.

Although it would take a lot of work, this addon allows you to create all the FAQs that users need like "How to add an attachment", "How to create a post" etc etc etc so top marks Michael and thanks for releasing it.

One question...has anyone incorporated this into the XF Help system/pages...if so how have you done it...out of interest?

hi there m8

First of let me say Maria Christeris and Me are not the same people i took this microsupport system over from Maria as he was not well.
Next the main reason support on vb.org has stopped is that im so busy with updating and maintaining these script and doing private work.
For any free versions support is limited and in many add-ons will stop not only with my free versions but other developers as well will stop supporting free versions.

The support system for xf has come along way from the vb version and the reason for this is that vb keeps changing there code all the time and this is a massive pain for developers like my self.
I have seen alot of vb developers come away from vb as they are changing the code almost every month.

A developer has no problem updating there scripts if the changes are small and do not need the to completly re-right there script from the start as the vb code has changed that much.

I have seen alot of vb add-ons moving away from vb and being made for other systems as these developers are trying to move away from vb.
I also know alot of vb forum owners are also moving away from vb coz of the same reason.

When adding a reply to a ticket, I just got this error:

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Production Companies". Now BSkyB own the FremantleMedia shows, and FOX Networks ' at line 2

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in MicroSupport/Model/MicroSupport.php at line 656
  6. MicroSupport_Model_MicroSupport->SaveTicketReply() in MicroSupport/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 984
  7. MicroSupport_ControllerPublic_index->actionSavereply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/17/8753517/html/ftvworld/forum/index.php at line 13

New installation. Help!

Strange i had been using this.. then all the sudden when i click tickets to do it just goes to a white screen
what version of xf are you using as the free one has not been tested on xf version 1.2 only the commercial version has been tested.

Hi!

I'm getting this submenu, when I click on Support Center:

submenu.webp

Using XF 1.2.1 and latest Microsupport. How can I fix this?

EDIT: ah, the answer is already here: MicroSupport Free. But the fix is not included in the download package!

Last edited:
Other things:

1. When I try to add FAQ or predefined reply it's not showing the SAVE button text, but it says microcart_save on it.

2. When I post a new faq or predefined reply, I can't click on it to open it. There no link showing on title.

3. I can post blank faq! On a list it just shows a blank line.

4. When I click on knowledgebase it shows only the add-on's copyright and no other content. Is this normal behaviour or there should be something else?

5. When I try to reply to a ticket it says that the page does not exsist, but when I go back to ticket I can see that the reply was posted and email sent.

6. Is there any way to search in the support center?

Please, I really need help here, because this add-on is really great and would like to use it. But now it is really buggy and I hope it is not because this is a free version.

Last edited:
Other things:

1. When I try to add FAQ or predefined reply it's not showing the SAVE button text, but it says microcart_save on it.

2. When I post a new faq or predefined reply, I can't click on it to open it. There no link showing on title.

3. I can post blank faq! On a list it just shows a blank line.

4. When I click on knowledgebase it shows only the add-on's copyright and no other content. Is this normal behaviour or there should be something else?

5. When I try to reply to a ticket it says that the page does not exsist, but when I go back to ticket I can see that the reply was posted and email sent.

6. Is there any way to search in the support center?

Please, I really need help here, because this add-on is really great and would like to use it. But now it is really buggy and I hope it is not because this is a free version.

The bugs you are talking about might be that you are using the latest version of xf as this free version was not tested on 1.2.1 but was tested on 1.2.0

Removing the #pre-id (/support/1/replyticket&page=1) results in the same error.

As for the registration issue on your site, I just made another attempt, with yet another failure.

xfgeek002.jpg

You need to remove everything after /replyticket. "&page=1#pre-id" causes the problem, I cannot find it in the code anywhere tho.

This works extremely well, and we're very happy with it. However, we've noticed the MicroSupport system doesn't react very will to the use of " characters in the text.. it gives MySQL errors. So our guess is that the author didn't do any escaping on the input.. making it vulnable to sql injection.. which is a bad thing. Would like to know for sure, because we don't want to leave a vulnerability on our website.

Thanks! Once we're certain it's not vulnerable, we'll be updating to the commercial version.

Untitled.webp

Just installed.
This issue is occruing ^. See the 2nd line of headers.

Also I am getting "Page Not Found" when replying to tickets... :confused:

One last question, how do I get rid of it showing in the navigation header?

Top Bottom