MicroSupport Free [Deleted]

Wouldn't it have made more sense to utilize the errors generated by sharing them here with the dev? Understandably you would have been somewhat upset with the matter (assuming you are not running this on a test board, and assuming that even if you are using a test board you don't do a complete back up of your domain before installing...) but it would benefit to share your errors. Just a thought :)

Several parse errors (In XenForo itself), missing files, E-Mail errors, in my case also template errors (Especialy in my header), issue's with posting between quotes ("") on all xenforo components, ect. You can better have this add-on stay installed and active, because on de-installation it will **** your whole installation :(

I actually disabled it on my board and it did no harm. I have yet to try the un install. And the quote issue seems to only be in the actual ticket system itself and not sitewide.

Did you make use of the re build/cache options?

Mick you seem to think the problem come from the ticket system no matter what error happens on your site.
Once its uninstalled there is nothing there to affect your site at all.
Installing the ticket system does not re-right the xf functions to post so where you got that from i dont know unless you are doing something wrong.

Before i release any script i test the install then test the un-install of it and test the xf systems still work the way its ment to.
I see you have not been using xf for long and you could be doing something wrong yourself.

I have said the free version is not compatible with 1.3 and up as its an old ticket system but the new commercial version is.
You are using the free version and have more than likely upgraded to the new xf version without reading that this is not for version 1.3 and up it was made for 1.2 and up to 1.3

Yeah, I have to say I have installed, disabled, and uninstalled this addon on TB and on a LB with content... no issues other than the quotes issue which I believe I mentioned as well (happens in the knowledge base section, when creating a FAQ throws a mysql error then) but other than that I have not found any additional addon related issues.

I would like to point out something you may want to correct...

response
not
responce

could you perhaps correct this in the next update :)

Mick you seem to think the problem come from the ticket system no matter what error happens on your site.
Once its uninstalled there is nothing there to affect your site at all.
Installing the ticket system does not re-right the xf functions to post so where you got that from i dont know unless you are doing something wrong.

Before i release any script i test the install then test the un-install of it and test the xf systems still work the way its ment to.
I see you have not been using xf for long and you could be doing something wrong yourself.

I have said the free version is not compatible with 1.3 and up as its an old ticket system but the new commercial version is.
You are using the free version and have more than likely upgraded to the new xf version without reading that this is not for version 1.3 and up it was made for 1.2 and up to 1.3
Yeah actualy, nope...

I asked in this discussion weather or not the free version is compatible with 1.3.* and you said it was, and no im not thinking that any error xenforo is giving is the result of uninstalling Microsupport Free, im not thinking because i know it is. My Xenforo installation itself was working before uninstalling MSF and after the uninstall it suddenly became f*cked up.

I didn't change anything but the uninstall of MSF, and since then my installation stopped functioning.

Im not stupid, as in "I've fixed the issues myself". I did only write that post up there because most of the users aren't be able to fix errors them self.

Yeah, I have to say I have installed, disabled, and uninstalled this addon on TB and on a LB with content... no issues other than the quotes issue which I believe I mentioned as well (happens in the knowledge base section, when creating a FAQ throws a mysql error then) but other than that I have not found any additional addon related issues.
thank you for your feedback and letting me and others know that using and uninstalling this will not mess up there forum.

Ah, I'm disappointed this isn't compatible with 1.3. I just installed it and I get that technician menu error and no matter what I do with the user permissions, it always says I'm not allowed to access the addon, even as administrator.

Yeps and thats what i meant a few pots above this... This addon is pooping some rare errors.. Michael also said tot me that The add-on is xf1.3.* compatable, later in pm while i was complaining he said that The add-on isn't..

For Michael:
The features of this addon are realy cool, but you have tot make sure that when you mark your addons compatable with xf1.3.* (or other versions) it is realy compatable with the version

Why did you say it is 1.3.* compatable then..
Compatible XF Versions:
Visible Branding:
Yes, but removable with payment
been updated some time ago so now you know its not and the only problem with it in 1.3 is the navbar everything else will work.

Wonderful! I'd really like to take it for a test drive and see if I like it before I buy it. It will save me another addon purchase of mine.
the free version will only be a 1 tech license no more,
but the commercial version will be changing to only 1 license type and that will be the unlimited the 5 and 15 user license will be removed and the price will be going down on the unlimited version

the free version will only be a 1 tech license no more,
but the commercial version will be changing to only 1 license type and that will be the unlimited the 5 and 15 user license will be removed and the price will be going down on the unlimited version

Very good to hear! I'm interested.

Top Bottom