Resource icon

MetaNew: Next Unread Post 2014-01-04

No permission to download

Mick West

Mick West submitted a new resource:

MetaNew: Next Unread Post - Provides a link and buttons that take you directly to the oldest unread post

I run a fairly small forum (http://metabunk.org) and like to keep up with all the new posts. This add-on provides a new route/URL MetaNew which will let you jump directly to the oldest unread post. So by repeatedly clicking a bookmark with this link, you can very quickly cycle through all the new posts without having to go back to the newsfeed.

It is disabled for guests, just taking them to the standard newsfeed.

You might want to "Mark Forums Read" before using it, or you may...

Read more about this resource...

It's all relative :)

The reason I wrote the add-on was that there were a low enough number of posts per day that I could still at least glance at them all, and yet there were still so many that this was wasting a lot of time clicking back to the Recent Activity page, then finding the oldest. This way I can pretty much just click-click through them all in a few visits per day.

the /metanew link is still working on Metabunk, ZF 1.5.15 (I use it every day), but the "Next Unread Thread" link seems to have stopped working. I'm afraid that's something I never used, so I did not notice.

This is definitely something that should be presented as standard.Disappointment for Xenforo 2.

Top Bottom