XF 2.2 Metadata logo, same as the Favicon browser logo?

creativeforge

Hi, I'm drawing a blank...

I've uploaded a favicon years ago but I don't remember where. In basic options - it's empty.

233844fc4f5c972d034838291cd6944c.webp

But the browser tabs are displaying it.

2ad32b687586418ff11866eaedb9bc30.webp

Where is it usually found then? I searched through the ACP (favicon, icon, browser, etc) and on my server.

Thanks!

Andre

Normally it would be in the root folder of your web directory and have the name favicon.ico

Do you have FTP access to your webserver, that would make it easy to look at folder contents etc ?

Thanks! I think this was done wrong, so I created a new one and will see about linking to it via my style's page. Except I won't touch the metadata as it's the site's logo, and not the favicon. Right?

8d326e528fc5f965664dae5b531a626f.webp

I was able to update all of them by uploading a new image in these fields.

The only spot that's left to fix is the browser icon when I'm in the Admin Control Panel. for some reason it's not showing the new favicon.

What am I missing?

Thanks again!

Andre

Possibly browser caching - it may take time to show the new one.

Try deleting the old one from the server.

Thanks Brogan,

Browser cleared multiple times, restarted, and I removed the old one from the server (renamed it). So far nothing, I'm thinking maybe due to using Cloudflare it could delay some of the updating, so I'll see where it is in a couple days.

Cheers,

Andre

I made a favicon as a jpg and converted it to a favicon.ico. Then I uploaded it to the server's root. Not sure why it works but it does.

All the other favicons had to be uploaded on the page Basic Options in Setup/Options.

Top Bottom