XF 1.4 Message text turning bold

Hengest

I have an odd problem in that most messages posted on my forum are turning bold.

I can go into a particular thread and most of the posts from before I migrated over from VB are standard (some are bold) and most of the posts since migration are bold (but not all).

A couple of newly created thread show all text as standard but then others show text as all bold or a mix of bold and standard.

I have not changed the settings in Style Properties: Message Elements other than after this problem when I switched bold on and of, which did make all of the text bold but did not, when switched off, make the previosly bold threads standard.

Another odd thing I noticed was that when I made a post in one thread the test posted as standard, however when I hit refresh it had turned bold.

:confused:

The only add-on was Auto-Delete 1.4 but I have disabled that.

There is no pattern that I can see. I have another thread which was started back on VB and half of the posts in there are now bold, right up to a post that was posted today. The person who posted today and shows up bold has posted in other threads normally. I will PM the link to that thread too.

I think you have nailed it. The user titles on the old forum used used html tags and it looks like they are causing problems here. I will go and check that out. Thanks for the help so far.

I was about to say as I started scrolling. I see this way too often with vB imports. A user title tag causing posts at a certain point due to the unterminated tag. Nice to see it got sorted quickly.

Top Bottom