Awaiting feedback  Message count wrong

erich37

not sure if this bug has been posted before?

I have made several posts as Admin in my forum, but then deleted all of my posts.

When I look at my member-profile, it says:
Message Count: 14

Although there are effectively no posts in my forum.

If you need to have a look for this bug on my webseite, please send me a PM.

I just soft-deleted and permenantly deleted numerous posts on my site and my message count decreased as expected. When I undeleted the soft-deleted ones my message count increased. I can not duplicate this on my forum.

Have you tried rebuilding User Caches, to see if your message count is corrected?

not sure if this bug has been posted before?

I have made several posts as Admin in my forum, but then deleted all of my posts.

When I look at my member-profile, it says:
Message Count: 14

Although there are effectively no posts in my forum.

If you need to have a look for this bug on my webseite, please send me a PM.
Try running your "Rebuild Board Totals Counter" cron entry, it may work then. Xenforo takes awhile to update stats when new posts are made and other things so it can be related.

Try running your "Rebuild Board Totals Counter" cron entry, it may work then. Xenforo takes awhile to update stats when new posts are made and other things so it can be related.
This is for the global stats and not for users postcount;)

I just soft-deleted and permenantly deleted numerous posts on my site and my message count decreased as expected. When I undeleted the soft-deleted ones my message count increased. I can not duplicate this on my forum.

Have you tried rebuilding User Caches, to see if your message count is corrected?

I have not "soft deleted" but permanently deleted the threads.
I have rebuild all caches.

Still shows the issue.

I can send you the URL of my page via PM to have a look.

Can you reproduce this with 1.0.1? If so, can you give instructions so that we can try to reproduce it?

I do not want to upgrade to 1.0.1 now.

I did not do any magic things, just created a few threads as Admin, then after a while changed the Forum-structure (different categories, different Forums) and then permanently deleted the threads.
Not sure I can reproduce this, as I do not remember in which order I did what.....

I simply created a few categories and forums, changed the sort order of forums in ACP, deleted and created a few new forums, created a few threads and deleted those again.
So I really did not do any coding or any other hacks, nor any template changes. Just normal tasks in ACP as any admin would do.

The reason why Mike is asking you to check in 1.0.1 is it is possible there was a bug which has been fixed in the latest release.

Several of us are unable to reproduce the problem using 1.0.1 so the likelihood is you also won't have the problem after upgrading.

Top Bottom