XF 1.1 Merging two User databases into one? Also a license question.

Hello,

I have two gaming community that are pretty big, and I'm combining them into one to split off as a "network" of different game servers.

I have two XenForo forums and they are completely different. Would it be possible to 'merge' two Users databases into one? So all the users are in one forum instead of having to make them re-register on another forum? I don't want to have to start over.

Also do I have to purchase two licenses to use for two forums? I use two right now, but one is one that another guy purchased, I simply took ownership of everything he had so I'm just curious if I can use my single one for both. My main question is about the users database though.

You'll have to convert one of the forums from xF to vB/IPB then import that vB/IPB database into the xF one. (there are official/unofficial importors for both IPB and vB/research versions)
http://xenforo.com/help/importing/

And one license = 1 public xenForo forum, ;)
Ah, darn. I've converted a IPB forum to XenForo in the past and I had a pretty bad experience, I guess I'll try vbulletin if there are any out there.

Isn't there an easier to way just 'combine' the tables from the other forums database into the new forums database? Somehow?

Ah, darn. I've converted a IPB forum to XenForo in the past and I had a pretty bad experience, I guess I'll try vbulletin if there are any out there.

Isn't there an easier to way just 'combine' the tables from the other forums database into the new forums database? Somehow?

vB doesn't have a XenForo importer. I suggest importing via IPB. If you are only doing users then you shouldn't have to run the entire import, just the user module. And yes, the data has to be imported. You can't shortcut the import process by "just combining the tables." There are relations that must be preserved.

Since you are only doing users you might consider posting a request for a direct user importer:

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/resource-and-add-on-requests.68/

Double imports are a pain. It might be worth having some one develop just the user module of a XF -> XF importer.

Top Bottom