Lack of interest Merging Template Error

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The errors generally do give the line number if possible. I don't know if the line number for the opened tag is storable.

Was that an automatic merge BTW, or one with conflicts?

If it was automatic, did it prevent the rest from completing? (That would be a bug.)

Was that an automatic merge BTW, or one with conflicts?

If it was automatic, did it prevent the rest from completing? (That would be a bug.)

It was a conflict; I ended up reverting and doing the template in Notepad++ because it was a bit easier to see where to solve the conflict.

Overall the merge system is pretty great though, this is only the first issue I've had with about ~10 customized templates.

I would like to see line numbers for merging if possible though, but not sure if that is possible.

Line numbers were something @Slavik noted as well, but I'm not sure how feasible it is.

But I'm already working on/looking at changes to make the merging system clearer. Right now, it shows you any change, but I'm not sure that seeing the old parent to new parent changes are really totally important (compared to seeing how your changes fit in, at least not by default).

Line numbers were something @Slavik noted as well, but I'm not sure how feasible it is.

But I'm already working on/looking at changes to make the merging system clearer. Right now, it shows you any change, but I'm not sure that seeing the old parent to new parent changes are really totally important (compared to seeing how your changes fit in, at least not by default).

It works well for most things, but if something has been modified quite a bit it's very confusing and it's still easier to go with Notepad++ comparison.

Well, keep in mind that you can still look at the 2-way comparison on the actual template page. (As that compares to the current parent version.)

But yeah, I appreciate that a dedicated app can be easier. :)

Top Bottom