XF 2.2 Merging forums

Faust

Hi. I'm thinking to merge my 3 forums. Both of them are running XF 2.2.

What will be the easiest way to do it?

As I'm considering merging my forums, I would like check what will be the best procedure for it.

I believe I have to download the databases from all forums, create a new database and import the data usinf XF script.

Is that right?

Cheers

Connect your one database to your forum that has the importer installed. Just need to make sure both databases are on the same server. 10 min job.

I'm on shared hosting. And I'll have to download the other databases from other forums to merge. Can you merge on shared hosting?
The way I have done it which was also on shared hosting is that both forums need to be on the same host. You install the importer add-on on one forum. And you configure the settings that are required on the import add on. Database username, password, etc from the other forum you wish to merge in. Then it will either successfully start the import or tell you what you have missed. It's really easy and self explanatory once you're doing it.

Let me know if you need any additional help.

The way I have done it which was also on shared hosting is that both forums need to be on the same host. You install the importer add-on on one forum. And you configure the settings that are required on the import add on. Database username, password, etc from the other forum you wish to merge in. Then it will either successfully start the import or tell you what you have missed. It's really easy and self explanatory once you're doing it.

Thanks a lot. Will see when I can start merging my forums.

Just to be clear, the database don't have to be on the same host. Would be easier though if you don't know how to allow remote connections to your mysql database.

How do I choose the paths?

Top Bottom